Thursday, 11 February 2016

Your Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& why).

As You Like It Challenge

Goodness me even Febuary is speeding past fast!

I have been super busy!
Do you remember last week I showed you now far I got with
the crochet sleep bag I was making for my New Great Nephew
so you remember I had to unpicked the one I started because I made a mistake... this is where I was up to...


sooooooo I am finished and I am super happy with it!
Here's some of the photos

Close up of the cable stitch created by front and back post stitch


This is the back

So happy no mistakes

and here it is finished a labour of love but I LOVE it and I hope my Niece will love it too!

So then to My card for the As you Like it Challenge
The sponsor of this challenge is
Sweet Stamp Store

This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Card Shape or Fold (& why).
You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

Well I have to say it's a no brainer for me I love square but if I have to choose something else
it has to be a circle! 
 If it's not square then the shape I would always go for first is round,
why? I love that I can interlock other circles into it and its quick and easy to die cut.
and to stop it from rolling away I just snip a slither off the bottom.


for my card I am joining a few challenges:

Sweet Stamps - February - Anything Goes
House Mouse Challenge - Anything House Mouse Goes / Love
Ruby's Rainbow - #122 Anything Goes
A Snowflakes Promise #16 - Anything Goes - Winter or Christmas Theme
Crafty Sentiment Designs - Dies and/or Punches


Happy Crafting friends
hugs me x

15 comments:

  1. Loving the sleep bag hun, could do with one for myself! You are super clever. And your card is just the sweetest (geddit?), one of my favourite HM images, and you can't beat a classic round for style. Brilliant. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that the little sleeping bag is finished Samantha and it looks amazing!! Love your circular card too the shape is perfect to echo the sweetie shape xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, round is a great shape. I love the sleeping bag, it looks very cosy. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the sleeping bag turned about amazing. You can really do amazing things with yarn! I love the roundy house mouse card. Round is so very versatile and is perfect for this darling image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do those sleep bags come in adult sizes, about 5'8" and in pink? LOL!! Love it, it's adorable. And talking of adorable, your card is sooo cute. Love that little meecie. Gorgeous hun. Love the circle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, beautiful coloring on the image and I love the round shape. Awesome sleeping bag too!! Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a sweet card! Love the circular design and your crocheted blanket is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy ​♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. great shape and colours, thank you so much for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful design...beautifully done!! Thank you for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs & Good Luck!

    Karen.DT. xx
    www.kernowdesigns.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card and great job on the sleep sack too! Thanks for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges this fortnight for Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card, I love this mouse carrying the mints, and your details are all so pretty. I love circle cards too, and this one is really special. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a talented lady you are. The sleeping bag is charming and beautifully crafted. Plus I adore the house mouse choice and shading and matching papers. Thank you for sharing this with us over at a snowflakes promise. Sue DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word...Samantha, that baby bundle is soooooo gorgeous! You are super talented, yes!! I also love your little mouse card - I never think to use any other shape than rectangle or square might have to start! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this