Thursday, 14 January 2016

Sad, Happy and excited! all in the same week!

Hi everyone Well we are how a little way into January
and it's going ok so far....

But this is a difficult week for my family and I... 1 year ago I/we were on bedside vigil

with my poor Mummy... So sadly she died on the 16th of January and this was a day we would have normally been celebrating 16th January was my Sons 18th Birthday
So this year on the 16th it will be 1 year since Mum died and my son will be 19 years old...

So we will be celebrating my Sons Birthday as last year we were not able to do that so well
So in reflection I am sad because I miss mum but happy to help my Son celebrate his birthday.

AND!!!!!!!!
soooo happy because my Niece's Due date for her 2nd child was the 14th Jan so that was awesome BUT she had him a few days early and he was born in Tuesday at 12.56am weighing 6lb 14.5oz
I had made him a little hat that she had asked if I would be able to make
so this is my project!

Its Thursday and so the project is for our new challenge at As You Like It Challenge



The sponsor of this challenge is

This fortnight's challenge theme is showcase a project using 

your Favourite of Paper or Non Paper Project?

You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite.

So for my creation I love both Paper and No paper crafts but I am choosing Crochet because I can take it anywhere!
Sooo here is the bear hat I have made for my new Great Nephew 


and here he is 2 days old wearing it!
isn't he just the cutest!!!!!!



Thought I would enter a couple of challenges too!

Creative Moments - #84 Always Anything Goes/ optional twist New Beginnings
Fab 'n' Funky - #287 For A Child
Ruby's Rainbow - #120  Show Us Something New

Hope you have a lovely week


hugs me x

10 comments:

  1. How quickly time flies Samantha, it doesn't seem a year ago. I hope the day is not too emotional for you and that you can take away from it only happy memories.
    A gorgeous little project and congratulations on becoming a Great Aunt again.
    Best wishes to mum and baby too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you big hugs and love from across the pond and birthday wishes for your son and OMG...that baby is adorable!! Seriously, that zip up and that hat....so stinking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it was a year ago Samantha...thinking of you. Love the darling hat and the model is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new little one! The hat is sweet! Sorry about your Mum, I know you must miss her terribly. Time doesn't really heal, does it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mixed emotional week for you is right....biggest love and hugs, friend! My son's birthday is on the 17th - so I will be thinking of you this week as we celebrate his too. Congrats on the new nephew - he's precious and so is that beanie :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many different emotions in one week, it must be very difficult, Samantha. Big hug from me. The baby is very cute with that hat on. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I'm so sorry hun, I can't believe it's a year ago. I hope you can have a good day with Ash, and I love the new addition to your extended family in his cute little hat. Love the ears! Thinking of you sweetie.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking about you the other day, remembering what a trying time you had around the holidays last year. I am so glad you have happy things that kinda help ease the pain that really never goes away. Your hat is darling, but I'm afraid your nephew is stealing the show, he is darling! Sending hugs across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Samantha, a time of real mixed emotions for you so you, your Mum and Ash are in my thoughts and I am sending love and hugs. Your hat is the cutest thing...I love it, your nephew is the cutest thing too!
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hat is pretty cute on it's own but on your Great Nephew it's a whole other level of cuteness!
    I hope you had a fun time celebrating Ash's birthday whilst remembering your Mum too...such a mixed bag of emotions I'm sure.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this