Thursday, 24 September 2015

Super Sweet!

Hi everyone its time for a new 


and I am so excited to share my project this week


The sponsor of this challenge is at AYLI is My Mum's Craft Shop


This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your Favourite Sweet or Savoury (& why).

Normally I would say my favourite is savoury but I have a sweet tooth too!

My (Now) Daughter in law ask me if I would be able to make the cake Topper
for their wedding cake, she had seen one at a wedding and sent me a photo
I tried to find a pattern but they were all very expensive to buy with huge shipping cost to buy
or the patterns were not available to download, so I set about practicing and tried making up a pattern myself from a selection of patterns I found that were similar so I will link the patterns I found that helped me, Magic Cinderella + Enfeites-de-natal
I really wanted to make this so special as the Bride is not only the now wife of my Step son but she has become a very close friend and I love them both to bits!

So here they are...
On top of the cake


And some Photos my Son took at home for me



And here's a close up of that I took myself

and here is the Gorgeous Happy Couple
Love them both so much!


A few of inspiring challenges:

Crafty Time Anything but a Card
In the Pink - lots of pink – For A Friend/s
Simon Says Stamp - No Designer Paper
Craft for the Craic - Anything but a Square or  Rectangle
Crafting-With-Friends Always Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Decorate to Celebrate - See Blog - Anything goes - Wedding decoration 
hugs me x


20 comments:

  1. Fabulous topper and what a handsome couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing. I can't believe you even made up your own pattern for them, you are so incredibly clever. These cake toppers are just perfect, and I love that you also showed us a picture of the happy couple, the likeness is uncanny. You should be very proud of yourself, you have created something that has really made their special day extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabulous cake topper is a wonderful idea and it looks absolutely gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore September Challenge "Anything Goes" and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're amazing honey, you're so talented, and the happy couple look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever. I love to crochet too. Your daughter-in-law must have been delighted with her fab cake topper. A great project. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a clever girl!! They look wonderful on the cake and so like the happy couple xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fabulous Samantha, what a gorgeous cake topper and truly unique. Sorry I haven't been round before but I've had a bit of computer trouble and only just got it sorted.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Very special project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute thank you for joining challenge at dtc

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* these are just the cutest little things! I love the attention to detail for the hairstyles and the perfect neatness of them :-)
    While I'm here, thanks for sharing them with us at In The Pink!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that caketopper, they are perfect. And congrats to the happy couple. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that caketopper, they are perfect. And congrats to the happy couple. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are too cute and so special cause you designed them Samantha, clever girl.. Love them. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable, truly unique and a lovely memento of what I hope was a fantastic day.
    Thank you for entering them in Craft for the Craic
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your crochet Bride and Groom, they are even more fabulous because you had to work out the pattern yourself.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous wedding topper! The happy couple must have been so thrilled. What a wonderful project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Time. Good luck and we would love to see you again. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE! They are soo adorable!! Thank you for joining Craft for the craic.
    Suchi DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photo's Samantha :-) your cake topper is brilliant ! I loved the whole cake design!!

    The bride and groom make a gorgeous couple, LOVE her dress and bouquet, she is stunning bride! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG...you're amazing!! These are incredible and SO precious as cake toppers. You are truly unbelievably talented!! LOVE these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cake topper! thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this