Thursday, 26 March 2015

Favourite Technique Lines or No Lines?


Its time for a new challenge at As You Like It

and the theme this time is Favourite Technique Lines or No Lines
and don't forget to say why its your favourite!

Our fab sponsor of this challenge is
Stamp and Create

My Favourite is Lines 2 reasons the first I have never had enough courage to try no lines and also In this case I am paper piecing so I need to see the lines haha!

For my card I have a special occasion its a First Birthday
for our little Granddaughter, the main cupcake is from the house mouse cupcake jump but I did not want to use the little mouse he is cute but he did not fit the theme for this card, so I masked the top of the cupcake and added a candle from the Hero arts cupcake stamp set, I love the effect you can get with paper piecing so did the cupcake wrapper in that style so that is why lines are so important for this card. I also love that I can freestyle stitch on this card and add texture but not to much colour as the papers are so cute and I did not want to spoil them, adding the die cut letters in white was so cute to do I really like how this has turned out.
I think my Mojo is creeping back slowly!


I am linking this card to the following fabby challenges:

Allsorts - cakes or cupcakes
Fussy and Fancy - Girly
Get Creative Challenges - Die Cut
Papertake Weekly -  A Cut Above

hugs me x

13 comments:

  1. Yum!! Gorgeous card Samantha and so many techniques too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card and beautiful stitched edges. Love that cupcake and sprinkles.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely brilliant and so much inspiration - the cupcake paper piecing looks fab, I adore your freehand stitching and the white die cut lettering...I so want to try that now!

    Ok, this needs to go on my Pinterest but stupid Chromebook doesn't want to pin it so will have to remember to pop back later and do that!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and a great use of the HM stamp Samantha.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Cakes & Cupcakes' challenge and good luck xSusan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and the cupcake looks yummy! The piecing and your choice of paper is just perfect and I love the pearls. Fabulous how you personalized it with the grand's name... I love seeing cards done like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over from the Card Concept gallery. What a beautiful card Samantha - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it, cupcake and all! Great stitched border too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect cupcake for our theme this week Samantha, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a yummy project! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts in our cakes/cupcakes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and girly!! That cupcake looks scrumptious...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Girly"!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cake looks good enough to eat, Samantha. Such a pretty card and love the name embossed through the middle. Glad mojo is playing along too. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so gorgeous samantha,i love the yummy cake and fab bunting and colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous! I love the stitching, banner & cupcake, and that you added the name! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous honey, and I love the banner too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this