Sunday, 20 April 2014

Happy Easter but No chocolate for me...

Happy Easter Friends!
I know NO chocolate but I did make these instead!

Glazed with homemade gooseberry jam
I have made lots of bread over the last few years but this is the first time I have made Hot Cross Buns,,, and I have to say that are not difficult a little time consuming but No way difficult...
we had one each for breakfast and a few were gifted... 

I also have been very busy making something VERY special
meet Monkey


I have crochet her for a very special little girl for Easter as she can not have chocolate yet!
My Stepson and wife have had their baby
a girl born on the 28th March weighing 6lb 6oz
and with respect I am not adding any photos
but I have to tell you I am a very proud Nonna (Grandmother all be it by marriage)
and my Darling hubby is a VERY proud Nonno (Grandfather)

They came up to visit and we saw them today
Claudia's mummy has helped Claudia name Monkey
so meet Mary Monkey


Heres the gift bag I made to give Claudia her gift
Mummy is liking pink so here is the start of more pink on my blog (EEEEEK!!)

Challenges for these goodies are:


Crafty Ribbons -  Anything Goes with Ribbon
Paper Crafting Journey - For that Special Lady - special little lady
Creative Knockouts - Furry or Feathery Friends

Jellypark Friends - Happy Easter

Simply Create Too - No digis or stamped images
Totally Papercrafts - Tag It! - the Bunny is the tag.

hugs a very happy me :0)

15 comments:

  1. Mary Monkey is delightful, Nonna (!!) I wish her and Claudia many happy adventures together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mary the Monkey hon, and congratulations on your expanded family. Loving the pink!!! ;0)
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute Monkey Samantha (Nonna) and I'm sure she and Claudia will have lots of fun!!!!! I'm sure a bit of pink every now and then won't do any harm ;o) ... just ask Annette!!!!!!!!!! Your Hot Cross Buns look totally yummy too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gift bag was just beautiful, totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, adorable crocheted monkey, Samantha! Congrats on your new grandbaby. The pink gift bag is adorable... love the ribbons tied to the handle. Thanks for joining Jellypark Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those buns look really yummy and that monkey is just too cute - how adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at Simply Create Too - hope to see you there again! Hugs, Cornelia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful bunny...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute...both of your projects! The monkey is just adorable!!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well there's a new challenge for you - to use more pink! I'm sure it won't be so hard when it's for your gorgeous granddaughter - I know you haven't shown us any pics but I'm going to go ahead and say gorgeous anyway as I'm sure it's true!
    And oh my word, that monkey is absolutely adorable and I'm sure will be much loved :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I've just started knitting a Peppa Pig for my granddaughter Bronwyne

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hum! smells good in your house... I love your monkey crochet and also your beautiful gift bag! Many thanks to join Crafty Ribbons Challenge from Christelle DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, first those hot cross buns look better than chocolate! And what an adorable monkey! So cute! And a lovely gift bag for it. Thanks for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, again, Samatha--your monkey & gift bag set is sosososo cute--I thought my mouth watered last comment----BUT, seeing PICTURES OF YOUR CROSS BUNS make me DROOL!!!!! YUMMY!

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspom

    ReplyDelete
  14. First that monkey is just too cute! And what a gorgeous gift bag! Congrats on becoming a Nonna! So glad you joined Cupcake Inspirations' Bunny challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww - that pink. And those eyelashes. And then the beautiful gift bag. What a wonderful project. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too and sharing this beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this