Thursday, 27 February 2014

Sniff sniff... No I have not got a cold!

Yup there is me feeling sorry for myself!
I have a really bad ache in my tummy area and the Doc thinks it could be Kidney stones! GREAT! just what I want and need like a hole in the head....





So I managed to get a card done for this fortnights challenge 
over at As You Like It Challenge we have a great sponsor for this challenge
they are a new sponsor to us and its a great prize!
This fortnight's challenge theme is to showcase a project using 
your favourite item to create 3D texture and tell us why its your favourite.

Oh goodness what is my favourite 3D item? I love to create flat cards but texture is never far away either.... If you know me well you will know I LOVE sewing on cards so that is my most favourite way to create texture, I love random sewing but for this card I did a little experimenting too! Ok so I wanted to create some inking on the image and had a play then worked out the position of my image and papers...

Then instead of using the tape runner and gluing in place and sewing I cut a Circle in plain paper and used repositionable scotch tape to work a new sewing technique for myself... Random circle sewing...
 

I have the foot of the sewing machine right on the edge of the circle so when I did the first go round with the machine I was off the edge of the circle so when I removed the tape and circle, I wanted a random circle but not an odd shape.

Also to add yet more texture I love crumpling die cuts, the dotty border is a die cut, and I have distressed and crumpled then sewn into place, also paper distressing adding more texture and then A little wooden flower coloured and glossy accents and a pearl added.


Here are a few challenges I am playing along with:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Must Be Square - Anything Goes
Fitztown Challenge - Stitching
Squirrel & the Fox - Something Spooled - Sewing cotton
Love to Create Anything Goes



Oh and just wanted to remind you that
if you have used stitching on your card you could play
Top Tip Tuesday - Stitching we are on Week 2 so get your card uploaded soon!

Happy Thursday friends

15 comments:

  1. Hi there Samantha, poor you ! sorry to hear you're not feeling well, hope things get better soon :)
    I popped into the shop on Tuesday but missed you by about 15 minutes, never mind, will no doubt see you again next time I'm there. I adore House Mouse stamps and your card is lovely, love the colours, the image and the way you have distressed the die-cuts etc., Big Hugs, get well soon. Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are suffering, fingers crossed they will find something and sort it quickly for you. Fab card and I admire your patience and precision with the stitching...great job!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stitching on my cards too but no machine for me... I guess I could still use your random stitched circle idea (love it!) but not sure it would look as good done by hand.
    Love the purple too and the cute image :-)
    Hope you feel better soon, sending big get well hugs your way, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really sorry that you're not well honey. Hope the doc sorts it out really soon.
    Love your card though (have you changed your blog font though, it's teeeeeny - or should I have gone to Specsavers?)
    Feel better soon
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Girls!! Annette sorted for some odd reason it had gone to small text doh! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the detail and HM stamps are my fav too so I really liked your project! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again!
    Ema
    DT Corrdinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable design,Thank you for taking the time to join us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday we would love the pleasure of your company in next weeks challenge as well.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~ Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!
    Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge
    Welcome again:)Hugs Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is really getting a nose full! Love all the splatter and grunge. Thanks for sharing with us at the Squirrel and the Fox for our spooling challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards Samantha and I'm so jealous of your sewing skills. ;) Fab card and love the shades of purple too! Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning samantha.your stitching is fantastic and i love your lilac colours and sweet image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the purple on this card, super sweet image, I can just smell those lilacs. Great sewing features too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) the mouse is super cute and I love the stitching and layering ,,,, fabulous !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to smell the Lilacs! Gorgeous coloring and I love all your purples!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this