Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Sew what!

Well its Tuesday and we have a new theme at Top Tip Tuesday
and you know you are going to love hte theme!
Elaine is hosting our theme of Stitching
our fabulous Sponsor is
for my card I needed a teenage boys card so cute is not an option
I made my son a card last month almost the same design and he loved it so though Dan a year younger than my son would like the same design!
I love Ribbon and this is a fun way to use it on a Lads card and using my sewing machine too! yay! its a great way to add texture too.

My Sewing Tips
Use Low tack tape to position your ribbon instead of gluing it as glue makes your needle drag and breaks the cotton.
you can remove it when you have finished your sewing 
 Pulling your ends through from the back instead of cutting them,
turn your card over and find the thread from the back give it a little sharp tug and you will see a tiny loop pop up, 
 you can then pull the thread through, then add your double sided tape on the back and your thread will stay there too!

Here are some challenges I am playing with my card:

Creative Knockouts - Spots and Dots



hugs me x

7 comments:

  1. So creative thanks for sharing.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really gorgeous Samantha! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good male card, Colourful but not girly. A useful tutorial too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design, and a great way to use spare scraps of ribbon too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an absolutely perfect design for a teenager!!! Love the fact that you have used ribbons!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. At last, a brilliant idea for using the years and years of ribbon scraps I've held on to!
    Your card is wonderful Samantha and thank you for the great tutorial.
    Miss you loads, but still stalk all your posts :)
    Biggest of hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely clean and simple card, perfect for a male.
    Thanks for sharing at Creative Knockouts
    Hugs, Ang x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this