Thursday, 13 February 2014

Ohhhhhh! Ekkkk! arrrrrrrrrrrrrr its ok!


Its the 13th!


but its only Thursday so its ok!

Phew!

We have a new Challenge at As You Like It

and this Fortnight we are sponsored by the lovely My Mum's Craft Shop

The theme this challenge is showcase a project using 
an Inspirational Object but you have to say why!

So as we want to see what has inspired you and ask in order to qualify for the prize,  include a photo of your inspirational object so that we can see what's inspired you.

So then


Inspirational Objects wow there are so many something that has alway inspired me to create in the kitchen is my Grandfathers Sugar thermometer, My mum gave it to me a lot of years ago, I don't use it very often but have used it to make Jam and marmalade.  

My grandfather made sweets, chocolates and candies
this is his box of wax wrappers and just a handful of metal moulds

 So what did I make then using the inspiration?
What's Bubbling? 
ok I am not a witch! although it did feel magical..





old fashioned soft toffee



Set and cut up! Ohhh Lush! not good for a diet but...

only 47 calories each so not realllllly bad!


Heres a better look at the wax wrappers

I worked out that they were over 50 years old,


Nicely wrapped using the wax papers



Errrrrrrrr who's that sneaking a toffee



Challenges I am playing are:

Shopping Our Stash - Oh Shiny - use something shiny - Sweet wrappers
All Crafts Challenge - NO CARDS - (February/March) Anything but a Card


Happy Crafting, hope you can come and play!
Stop by the challenge and see what other fabulous things have inspired the rest of the team!
hugs me x

8 comments:

  1. Great job Samantha!! I love the jewel coloured wrappers and I bet they taste so much better than the synthetic stuff that we get these days!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmiiiiiiiii,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so good and 47 calories isn't too bad. But can you stop at just one?
    You have to try making something using the moulds.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Craft my life this month.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha, I love your Granfather's box with the waxed wrappers and metal moulds. The toffees look delicious and lucky me, I actually sampled one lol !! and I have to say it was scrumptious !! not too hard, just perfect. Your Grandfather would be very proud of you. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique project, Samantha! What a beautiful keepsake to have your grandfather's candy making equipment! Nicely done! TFS and thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic creation you made! I like all details :-))
    Thank you for playing along with us at "Crafty my life" and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this