Saturday, 8 February 2014

Hearts, Macarons and Vertigo!

Ohhhh Its Friday! yay!

I have had a frantic week with a phone call from my mother
whom had a stroke in June and has been left with some memory problems, She rang me wednesday Morning early and told me Dad was really Sick turned out he had a horrific vertigo attack and could not get out of bed or move his head without feeling like he was falling off the bed a terrible headache and bad nausea... So I dropped everything, well not my trousers but everything else and rushed over... Because Dad is mums carer... she would not be able to look after him... Anyway the short of it is he spent the whole day in bed.. he did try to get up a few times but could not make it! I went to the docs and picked up tablets but in the early evening the doctor came and gave him and injection... Poor bloke its a terrible thing... so when mum went to bed I came home... work today and then over to them this evening.... Dad is a bit better today!
and I am back now so a quick post and bed! 
  

Soooo what am I posting?
With just over a week before Valentine I have some cards to make
for orders here is the first of a few
I thought I would play a few challenges too!

Brown Sugar – Valentines
A Creative Romance - Show us some Love
Fussy and Fancy - Be My Valentine
Get Inky! - Valentine's / Love
Fab 'n' Funky - Brads
Ruby's Rainbow - Spots and Stripes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes



I also have been practicing making Macarons, I made some for Christmas and wanted to practice a few more flavours with the thought of making some more as edible presents for this coming Christmas, I know its only February but well they take a bit of practice!!
These are Vanilla and Almond

 Filled with Salted Caramel

As always served with an Espresso

I am playing a few challenges with my Macarons

Winter Wonderland – No Stamping Allowed (can be non-Christmas)
All Crafts Challenge - Anything but a Card


Heres to a GREAT weekend!

18 comments:

  1. They look yummy. Hope your Dad is soon back on his feet, that sounds like a horrible condition to get.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrible day for you all Samantha. Hope the injection did the trick, Vertigo attacks are a dreadful thing to suffer from. Great card and the macarons look good enough to eat!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great take on our no stamping allowed at the Winter Wonderland, where are mine?, thanks for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have new release candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Samantha, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I have had the same thing many years ago and it is absolutely awful, when you move your head you feel sick and your balance goes all to pot ! I really can understand how he feels, hope he is well soon. Love your Valentine's card, it's so clean cut and fresh and those macaroons look delicious, I could just eat one right now lol !! Hugs Jennifer xx


    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Dad is better today. it's so scary and hard work for your Mum. A great card, so eye-catching and those Macaroons look delish. I need to get the recipe!!!. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like your card - simple but effective! And I would really like to taste those macaroons!! Thanks for joining us at Get Inky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card samantha.i love your hearts ;D
    i hope you dad is soon back on his feet and feeling better and your macaroons look lush :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, I don't know which I love more - the beautiful CAS card or those yummy looking macarons!
    Sorry to hear you've had a manic few days and I hope your Dad is getting better now.
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow hun, they look yummy and love the card too.
    Hope your dad is better today. Must be horrid for him and worrying about your mum too.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and the cookies look delicious. Very nice project. Thank you for joining us at Get Inky this week. Judy DT .

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh samantha, this card, is so beautiful, love the hearts here and there.
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hun loving the macaroons ty so much for playing along at Crafty my Life All Crafts Challenge - wishing you all the best hun x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation! And those macaroons look divine!! Hope your dad is feeling better... thank you for playing in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my Samantha, I am so sorry to hear about your dad, hope it's just a momentary thing and that he'll be ok quickly. Your card is so gorgeous, just love the pretty hearts you put on it. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love all the hearts.

    Your cookies look delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your gorgeous card - Red and white always looks great! - as for those macaroons mmmmm! - thank you for playing along at at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jolie Carte ! Merci pour ta participation au fab'n'funky challenge blog !
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is darling...love the stitch lines around the hearts! Those macaroons look pretty sweet too! So glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this