Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Piecing it together today


Its Tuesday and its sunny I have been swimming and I am feeling full of energy today... I have had a busy weekend at my Parents house I am getting it ready to help them sell it... 
sooooo hopefully they will be able to live closer to me so I can help them better rather than the 25 mile round trip I do now...

Today at Top Tip Tuesday Lisa S Is our host and the challenge theme is Paper Piecing Lisa has a great Tutorial for you too!

Our fabulous sponsor is Heather Ellis 
Digi Character Stamps



The Image I am using is Pure Innocence 020

Tip 1: when paper piecing choose your papers so you have enough for your card base layers and a portion to match your image.

Tip 2: If sewing machines put you off using them because you are not confident sewing in a straight line, them sew several lines all a little bit wiggling so to produce a feature.

The other Great tip about paper piecing is you can use up scraps of card/dp that you would not normally use because they are not big enough... the spotty paper was in my scrap box and measured only 4½ by 4½ inches.




Here are a few challenges I am playing along with:

Oozak - Anything Goes/Die Cuts/Punches
Just Add Ink - Just Add Colouring
Simon Says Stamp -  Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Oh Scraps...use scraps - spotty paper see above
Little Red Wagon - Polka Dots
Scrappers' Delights - Paper Piecing

hugs me x

7 comments:

  1. Love your sweet card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet hun, this is a perfect paper piecing design. Super cute. Can I have some of your leftover energy please? Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh its lovely to hear that you are full of energy :) hope it lasts. And such a lovely card too :) hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie. Love your sweet card.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous samantha..really sweet image and i love your paper piecing and stitching ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is precious and I love how you used your scraps - genius! Great coloring! I had so much fun as GDT with you guys this month! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this