Thursday, 22 August 2013

Cheater or resourceful?

Good morning and its Thursday and we have our 9th challenge
at As You Like It challenge if you have not joined in with us on our challenges there yet please come and check them out the themes are nice and easy and the rules are very simple too!

The Idea is you follow the theme which this week is 
Your Favourite Shaped Card other than a Square & Why.


You MUST explain WHY it is your favourite and add that to your blog post info when linking your card to be in the running for the prize but that is easy peasy right!

Our Sponsor this time is the fabulous 
and even if you don't join in you should definitely check out the inspiration from my fabulous teamies the girls are rocking!


OK so for me I although the theme is nice and easy the tricky question for me is what shape to make?

As I do love clean straight lines lol
So when choosing a shape I love using Circle or Ovals
they are my favourites because they are symmetric and still look clean and unfussy,
Now I have to also share that I have been resourceful.... Not a cheater honest.... I have salvaged an image for a card on an earlier post this week you will recognise the image if you are a regular to my blog, if not you can see the card here
Ok so the reason I have been resourceful is that the card was one layer and I could see the ink straight through being I coloured with spectrum noir I did not like the over all finish I like the insides of my cards to be clean and tidy! (clean freak!)

So rather than waste it I have reused the image and created an Oval easel with the Floral Oval spellbinder Nestabilities.

Here are some challenges I am playing:

Love to Create - Fancy Folds
Creative Craft Challenges Not A Square
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - Shaped Cards
Going Grey With Scrap-Creations Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Papertake Weekly - Flower Power
Sweet Stamps Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Use Your Scraps - I was going to scrap the card, but remade it into a new one.

Happy Thursday to you all
hugs me x

22 comments:

  1. Resourceful I'd say!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this die Samantha and your colouring is beautiful. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resourceful! I do not like AI leaking through wither. Love your card layout- and Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely resourceful. Love your 2nd version honey. Fab image.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha. Such a great idea to reuse your beautifully coloured image. I know what you mean about the colours showing through to the other side. I love the shape and perfectly coordinated flower.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Love the shaped die and very nice up cycling ;-)
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown. Hope to see you next week.

    Kim
    www.lilypatchstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card!!! Love how you added some sparkle and your coloring is fabulous great job on saving your image it was totally worth it. Thanks for joining our shape card challenge over at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring!! I love the digi that you used and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guilty of doing the same thing! I think it looks beautiful ALL over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute card. thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such a cute card. Love your colouring. Thanks for joining us over at the paper nest dolls x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Such a cute card. Love your colouring. Thanks for joining us over at the paper nest dolls x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "not a square” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creative Craft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love shape and beautiful image.

    Thank you for joining our Shaped cards Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
    Jasmina DT PND

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card and a fab design! Cute image which you have colored beautifully.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card! I like that you were able to recycle the image to create a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC Designer

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous creation hun thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a good idea!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for our Use Your Scraps challenge.

    Hope you can join us again on Tuesday when our new challenge launches.

    Hugs

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super adorable... great card, thanks for sharing with us at the PND challenge... xo Nikki DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a beautiful card, love all the layout and wholesale grosgrain ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with us at Wholesale Ribbon Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Paper Nest Dolls "Shaped card challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here for our next challenge!

    PND DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this