Wednesday, 12 June 2013

News! and a challenge

Hi all
I have a new card for you today
but also so news I am very sorry if I have missed commenting on your blogs but I am a little MIA right now I had a shock a the weekend my Mum had a stroke and is very bad in hospital
so I have been overwhelmed with that and looking after my dad as he also has high blood pressure and has had a stroke several years ago, but I was too young to remember.

Its my mums birthday tomorrow too and she won't be well enough to remember it so will have to throw her a party when she is better!!! MUM I Love you and all I want for your Birthday is for you to be better SOON

So please excuse my lack of visits to you all right now


This fortnights challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
This week Lorraine is our host and the challenge
and the theme is..... 

'L'  for 'GIVE US A LAUGH'  or 'LESS IS MORE'
The choice is yours!

We are sponsored by the lovely Krista,
Owner of Saturated Canary,
Saturated Canary


For my card I have used Stroppy Beth
I went for the Less is More part of the challenge.
 Here is a close up of beth she is coloured with
Spectrum Noir pens, Note to myself Stickles on hair( the idea only works while its in my head) DON'T do it again!

a few challenges I am playing:

Crazy Amigo Challenge - Circles & Dots
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
House of Gilli - Favorite colors - Blues and Browns
Artistic Inspirations - Stitching
Oldie but a goodie - Stitching - The Snowflake button I have had since I went to a craft show at the NEC about 6 years ago I have had them hoarded and did not want to use them :)

Hope you will come and join in at ABC Christmas challenge
hugs me x

15 comments:

  1. Oh Samantha I really hope your mum recovers soon and I wish her all the best on her birthday! Hang on there, we'll keep you strong! Your card is just gorgeous hun! hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Samantha - love the stitching. Happy Birthday Samantha's Mum, thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your dear mum Samantha. I wish her well and hopefully you will be able to celebrate her birthday soon.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful colours.
    Take care of yourself, sending you hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've glitzt her up Samantha, gorgeous colours too. Thinking of you. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samantha
    You made me cry reading your post about your poor Mum and your Dad too. I can't even imagine what it must feel like for you. I know life can turn everybody's life upside when one least expects it. Hope your Mum is getting a bit better and going to enjoy her birthday celebrations soon. Happy Birthday to her!
    Love the card you made. Loving the image, the choice of all the beautiful papers and the stitching as well.
    Hugs
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Mum, Samantha, and I do hope that she will be on the path to recovery soon. Wishing all of you well in the times ahead.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and a delicious card - love the colours, and the stitching gives it such a great look.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending HUGE hugs and lots of love your way XXX
    I hope your Mum makes a full and speedy recovery, I can just imagine how you must be feeling :-/

    Your card is gorgeous Samantha,, and no worries about visiting blogs ,, your priority is your Mum and Dad right now sweetie xx

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Take care.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sorry to read your post Samantha.my thoughts are with you and I hope your mum makes a full recovery.
    your card is so beautiful, I love the sweet sc image.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi honey, love this card.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sam , so sorry to read about your Mum , am sending big hugs to You Sweetie , I hope all goes well .
    Your card is fabulous , great image with attitude .
    Thank you for joining us at Through The Craftroom Door Challenge this time and GOOD LUCK.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about your Mum, wishing her all the best. Love your card, it's really gorgeous. Fab image, and the colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Samantha. Love how you coloured her up and the design with the layers, stitches and snowflake. Thinking of you and your family, hope you are doing ok. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card hunny - just love all your fancy stitching!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    PS...sending you more hugs and happy thoughts xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this