Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Box clever.....


Hey all its Tuesday evening and this week has it in for me... Broken cuttlebug, camera playing up and blisters on my hand from digging our allotment!

and Now Mr Blogger deletes my Top Tip Tuesday post and I have had to re write it! DOH!

am the host this time at Top Tip Tuesday and the theme isBox Clever

I would like to see boxes
But No cards

I have followed this tutorial 

I loved it so much I decided to have a play and have made the original box and then a couple in different sizes

so I have some measurements to share and also some tips I have that helped me make the box a little easier.

This is the box in its original size.



to make it in a smaller size here is the measurements
12cm x 26cm,
on the 12cm side score at 4cm & 8cm
and on the 26cm side score at 4,8,12,16,20 and 24.... you will have a 2cm end this will be your flap to glue in.
cut the little slithers as below and the bottom 2cmX4cm on the right hand bottom side,


then turn and score  upper portion


I made a little video so you can see better where to score
so that the box will fold the flaps for the top of the box
now be gentle!


you can also see on the original tutorial too!
there is a layout where you can see the cut and score lines.

The fold in the flap and glue into place.


I also found gluing some of the flaps made it easier for fold together the box.


Punch the holes for ribbon


Add ribbon once you have glued everything into place
and decorate.


Here are all 3 boxes


The larger box is
20cm x 26cm
Scored at 4 cm and 16 cm
Then turn and score at 4,8,12,16,20 and 24 cm
and repeat the steps above.




Glue and decorate!
The Image I have used is Meljens Frog in My Pocket

I am really happy with how they turned out...


If you have not guessed already our Fabulous Sponsors is 
Meljen's Designs

And we have 2 guests this week too!
and our Design team have pulled out the stops too!

The Other challenges I am playing are:
Simon says Stamp - Things with Wings - Dragonfly punch
Anything Goes Challenge - Shaped but not Square

Hope you can come play our New challenge at Top Tip Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    WOW these 6 sided boxes look really great! Loving the shape and all different sizes you made as well! Lovely to see a variety. Thank you for your very helpful video too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! such wonderful boxes. I really love the shape and the way you have decorated.
    Thank you for the instructions, will definitely be having a go at one soon
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous boxes Samantha,the shape is stunning and I love your colours ;D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this