Saturday, 9 February 2013

Not another Valentine card?

Good Morning happy Saturday to you all!
Hope you have something nice planned
and if your working I hope you love your job!


I have been playing a little this week and trying to make some me to to practice some crochet, and I wanted to do something with some Wood too!

As its Saturday I have a challenge for you
over at Totally Gorjuss

The theme this week is

Love

and our sponsor is Crafters Companion

Anyway as I mentioned a few posts ago being I only one husband YAY!! and I LOVE him more than anything! I only need to make
him one valentines card!

So being that I have already made about 3 Valentine cards
I decided to make something a little different with the crochet and wood ornaments.


so this is what I did what them and some Rico cotton
The Cotton comes in all different colours but to compliment the Vintage photo distress inks I have used a pale brown colour cotton, I marked some pencil marks where I wanted the holes to be and then punched them with a Crop-a-dile.

This is also the first time I have crochet hearts and I found a tutorial here, I also got the idea of crocheting on the edge of the wood when I saw Helene's blog here


Here's a close up so you can hopefully see it a bit
better.


Here are some challenges I am entering:

Simply Create Too - Valentine's Day or Hearts
Totally Papercrafts – Valentines or love
Charisma Cardz - Love
Sarah Hurley Challenges - Anything but a Card
Fab 'n' Funky - Valentines/hearts


Have a great day
and don't forget to come and join us at 
mail.google.com

 hugs me x

24 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love your crochet hearts. I used to do lots of crochet so thank you for inspiring me to go and find my hooks. Now I wonder where I put them!!

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hearts, your crocheting is great. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha
    OH WOW, these are absolutely stunning! You surely have got magical fingers! ADORE them!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow so gorgeous Samantha.your crochet hearts are fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Samantha. Loving the crochet hearts.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Samantha this is just stunning. I love it. Those little hearts are just adorable. You're so clever. I love the bunting idea.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and original project. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your decoration is most impressive! Love your crochet hearts and the trim around the wooden one. Just fantastic!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely idea. Beautiful
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super creative. Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too

    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow This is absolutely brilliant! Love it! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous creation Samantha :) WOW!! Very artistic ! :)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. simply fabulous, love your crocheting and the distressing works so well with it so inspirational
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this absolutely beautiful and would love something like this to hang in my craft room!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. very clever and creative. Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, Samantha this is so clever. I love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Samantha
    Chris here from Totally Papercrafts to say just how wonderful I think your hearts are.
    Thank you for entering this into our Valentines/love challenge.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great heart, the colour is beautiful :) Thanks for joining us at the Sarah Hurley Challenge Blog this month, Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously???? This is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! You are so crafty, all around!!!! I am in AWE of you, my friend!! WOWWWWWW!!!!
    HUGS,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous work...love, love, love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's a stunning piece of work.Love it!Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful - have to check out that tutorial! Thanks so much for joining in with the Charisma Cardz challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab idea Hun will have to check out the tutorial :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges

    Hugs Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, I envy anyone who can crochet. Thanks for entering the challenge with Sarah Hurley.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this