Monday, 11 February 2013

I'm Hooked! but so are the birds.....

Why do Mondays come around so quickly?
Its a good job I LOVE them!


As its Monday Its Incy Wincy Designs
Time and the theme this week is

Add Texture and sponsor is Doodle Pantry
Now being I was in the Mood for Crochet this week and wanted to practice I decided that I would make another Heart Bunting being that is full of texture

Here is a close up of my first 3 as also its difficult to get a close up of the whole thing.





Here are some Challenge I am joining in with:

Fashionista - Valentines
Decorate to Celebrate - Valentine Love
DL Art - February Linky Party
Hotshot Craft - Anything But a Card
Craft Your Passion - My Valentine
Lexi's Creations - Valentine / Love



I saw somewhere on pinterest that someone had put scraps of yarn out for the birds and so thought i would test the theory I have not get a feeding basket so have used a lemon bag instead, well its the same thing but cheaper right? 

So I will let you know if I have any takers!

Have a great day
Don't forget to check out the rest of my teamies fabby creations
and hope you can come and join us at 

hugs me x

12 comments:

  1. love the crocheted heart banner super cute. thank you for joining us at dtc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these hearts and they make wonderful bunting. I really love this project. I've not heard about the birds liking wool though. Do you have to leave them some knitting needles so they can make thier own scarves too? LOL I'll bet they make a nice warm nest though with those scraps.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha. I love your crochet hearts. Wish i could crochet like that but i can only do squares!.
    Thank you for joining us at HSC for our latest challenge

    Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha
    These are amazing again! Love that you made them in so many different colours. I hope those birdies where you live are clever enough to stock up on your scraps of yarn. Wonder what colour is going to attract them the most.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous project love all those crocheted hearts,they are adorable.Super job! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner is so beautiful! I love the crocheted hearts. great that they are a reainbow of colors to
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool idea....can't wait to see the pretty nests the birds build with your yarn!!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,amazing project,Samantha.Just adore the multicoloured banner you've created.Hope the birds like your yarn scraps - they'll have such colourful nests.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'know, I was wondering what to do with all the little tiny bits of wool ... such a shame to throw them away, and I can't use ALL of them for stuffing. I'm going to crochet a bag with a giant hook, fill it with bits of wool and see what happens!! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The vibrant colours of this crocheted bunting are delightful. What a sweet project. The birds in your area will have to put their nests on the birds' nest tour. They will be colourful and lovely and all the other birds will be jealous :) Thanks for joining our My Valentine Challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could crochet! These are just too sweet! Thank you for joining us over at DTC! Arin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, how sweet are those hearts??? I LOVE them!! :) What an adorable idea to turn them into a banner!! :)

    We put yarn out for our birds (and I never thought to use a lemon bag!! GREAT idea!!), and it's always fun to see those brightly colored strings in their far up nests -- I hope you have LOTS of takers!! :)

    I'm sorry I didn't get to stop by sooner, but I still wanted to say thank you for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog! We hope you'll join us again for our current challenge (it's all about Weddings, Engagements, and falling in LOVE!!)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this