Sunday, 23 December 2012

Black and white... and some Colour!

Good evening well if you are like me your rushing around getting things ready for the big day!
its amazing how we all get so caught up in the panic,

I have been backing for a few days getting some gifts prepared for Christmas and I can show you a sneak peek! I have been making French Macaroons.

I have spent a lot of time today food shopping, delivering presents, decorating the house and I also have made the chocolate ganache for the above macaroons.

So having sat down at 10pm tonight I decided to make a card I have been putting off
but when I went blog challenge hopping tonight I found that Allsorts have the perfect challenge theme and that combined with Woodware Sketch, I could get just enough inspiration to make the card and be happy with it.

This was a very quick card:
Stamped the bird in Black distress ink... a little spray of water and liquid pearls, Stamped the swirly background and sentiment.
added some Black Magic Mesh and added the black pearls, and the image is on sticky raisers. Done!

7 minutes and 37.7 seconds
Oh that's a lot of 7's tehhehehee

Here are a few challenges I am playing:

Woodware - Sketch
Allsorts - It's as plain as black and white
Cas-ualfridays - 10 Minute Craft Dash! - I have just found this awesome challenge and think I will be playing this one alot next year!!

I did list my last robin card at Cas-ual Friday but then I realised that they have a 4 challenge limit so deleted my card and this one is OK I think? 

have a great rest of your weekend hugs me xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Those macaroons look delish!

    Your sympathy card is understated yet beautiful.



    Merry Christmas!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Samantha

    It sounds like you had a busy day but very rewarding too I am sure. Those macaroons look YUMMY!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are so hard to do. This is really elegant and subtle. Love your macaroons, let me know if you get any left overs and I'll pop round !!! LOL
    Merry Christmas honey.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those macaroons look so yummy Samantha especially the choccy ones, I'm the very best diabetic chocoholic going.

    A very elegant card as well so very fitting for the difficult occasion.

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovel card Sam and great looking macaroons. Happy Christmas and thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do like the look of your macaroons! Bet they taste too yummy, too! Your card looks stylish Sam, thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Merry Christmas to you! Hugs, Ira xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those macaroons look so delish Samantha. Love your card too. Have a great one. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful and elegant card. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this