Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Thank you, Holiday photos and ABC Christmas Challenge

Hey all its Wednesday

and I am back from my Holiday! (photos below)

Thank you to all of you that Visited my blog while I was away its nice to see comments even when your away and have not entered challenges! 

Talking of challenges I have a challenge for you at ABC Christmas Challenge our host this time is Lorraine and she has chosen a great theme to help you get ready for Christmas
she told us its only 40 days before Santa comes down the chimney!

YIKES!
so we want to know have you thought about the wrapping and packaging for your gifts yet?

NO!
Well this challenge will help you then

'W'for WRAPPING !!

So make some wrapping paper, a gift box or bag. Or you could make a card using an image that is wrapping Christmas gifts.

We have 2 fabulous sponsors for this challenge

and


I decided to make a box using the Penny Black poinsettia stamp I bought from Simon Says Stamp, I just love those and this one is fabulous I have used it a few times already but thought it would be great for a box. I stamped the flower for the main flower 3 times and embossed it in silver, the added a range of greens in distress inks I also distressed the box as you can see and re stamped over with the same stamp, also I have sewn off cuts of ribbon and string to the box lid.



I have not joined in any challenge for the last 2 weeks because I was on my holidays so here are a couple I thought I would play along with this time:

Anything Goes Challenge - Stitching Real Or Faux
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas
Card Mania -Embossing
Crafty Bloggers Network - Christmas Anything Goes
Anything But A Card Challenge - A Stitch in Time (Stitching and/or Time)
One Stop Craft – Anything Goes 
2 Sisters – Your Favourite Christmas Stamp
Christmas Stampin - Anything Goes tehehhee Again!
_____________________________________________

Here are a couple of holiday snaps
we went to Venice, Bologna, Rome

Venice
High Tides caused flooding and we also had sharp Showers and lazy winds that went straight through us instead of going round.


St Mark's Square




We found the leaning tower of Venice and some higher ground

Gondola's going no where the tide was to high


Murano also Venice





Modena - Ferrari Museum
It was cold and pouring with rain this day


Hubby in his new car! HE wishes!! look closer! haha


Rome
Thunder storms and sunshine
Colosseum first night in between the storm

My Boys.. Rome at night is fun with photos

At Roman Forum and me in the dress/top
I was making before I went away! thanks for your help Mum I think it looks ok? yay some sunshine too!

Me playing with colour picker on my camera
a view from the Spanish steps

The Trevi Fountain at night

Spanish Steps

Colosseum from a distance



That's a few hhaha! 

hugs me xx

Have a great day and hope you can stay dry and warm 
and don't forget to come and join us at 
and also visit my teamies they have been very busy!

hugs me x

23 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha, great box and I love that stamp and the greens.
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your box is stunning Samantha. I love the poinsettia image and the colours are wonderful

    Thank you for sharing your fabulous photos with us

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Samantha. Love the monochromatic colour. Wow, your holiday pics are amazing - you are a great photographer.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha, love the green box and the soggy holiday photos, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fanbloomintastic box Samantha !! I LOVE the way you coloured the poinsettina amd the paper and ribbons are fabulous too ,, I LOVE this ,, can ya tell ? :-) ,,, wonder whats going inside it ,,, hmmm :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful box, so beautiful decorated. The poinsettia is very pretty, clever idea to stamp on the paper AND make a flower.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Samantha
    I absolutely LOVE your gift box!!!!!! Love the use of that poinsettia stamp. Gorgeously made and decorated! I also have to add that your holiday photos look absolutely amazing too even with a bit more inches of water than one would expect. I have been to Venice once when I was a child on a school trip but can't remember much now. LOving all photos looks like you had a fantastic time, but the one with the what seems like a glass flower garden is very fascinating.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo gorgeous and elegant! Beautiful work!

    Thank you for sharing your pictures. I have a visit to Italy on my bucket list.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Samantha. Absolutely love your box and that poinsetta looks smashing as ever. (only wish I could do that;)) Have a lovely evening hun. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Samantha. Fabulous box, poinsetta especially wonderful! Shame the gondolas couldnt even keep working, but still looks a great trip! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Samantha, it's me again! It is such a pleasure to pop back for another look at your stunning box so that I can say thank you for taking part in the Card Mania Challenge

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that gorgeous flower. Such a beautiful gift.
    Looks like you had a wonderful time on your holiday, the pics are fantastic.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful box! I love the effect of the silver embossing, and it's such a nice touch to have used the same stamp for your paper and the cut out poinsettia. Love the distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow thats absolutely stunning, so love the big flower. Great photos too, you must have had a ball! Thanks for joining us at Crafty sentiments.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great creation, I love the simplicity of it. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous!! Love that pointsettia!! Whoever you give this to won't even want to open it, it's so beautiful!! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful box and amazing flower. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your box is very beautiful. I love the shading of your chosen green. The stamp is just gorgeous and the dimensional version of your flower is a stunner. Love your stitching - right up my street!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous wrapping! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card! Looks like you had an awesome vacation despite the flooding.

    ReplyDelete

  20. Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge “Christmas” . Your box is fabulous well done and good luck Hugs Elaine .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! I love the box and the stitching! Thank you for joining us at anything but a card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous creation and interesting photos, too! Thank you for sharing this with us at ABAC :)

    I invite you to join me at this ANYTHING GOES challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/11/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-3.html

    Lots of crafty joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely project, the poinsettia is gorgeous. Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this