Saturday, 17 November 2012

Plain and Simple at Totally Gorjuss


Saturday again!
But I am working today so I hope Mr BLOGGER behaves and does not add White block to everything today!

We have a new challenge for you over at Totally Gorjuss

The theme this week is
Plain and Simple
We are sponsored by the lovely Heathers Hobbie Haven

For my card I have cut the lovely fern die from a square of white and then added a scrap of green behind, the text is from the cuttle-bug font set Olivia from another off cut of the same green, I decided that I would also emboss some lines using a scoring board to give texture but not colour. will show you how I got a neat square another time too! I added some tiny gems and that is it, Plain and simple!
I am really pleased how this one has turned out.

Here are some challenges I am playing along with:


Clearly Inspired - Clean and Simple
Wags 'n Whiskers - Be Thankful
Auds Sentiments - "thanks" in it
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes
Sassy Studio Designs - No patterned paper- Opps missed the deadline
Shelly's Images -  Use scraps to create your card



So I hope you can come and join us at 

My teamies have some AWESOME inspiration for you!

hugs me x

14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the CAS design with the tiny gems added to the leaf.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, and I love that you've cut out the die from the white. When I looked at it at first I thought you'd stuck the green on the front, but it looks great and much cleaner to put the green behind the white.
    Lovely simple card
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and very creative. Love the colours and its a great design. Wishing you a wonderful creative weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simplicity of this design is magnificently stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really lovely and so elegant! I love the touch of bling and all the white space.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha
    Simplicity at its best again! Love your "thanks" card!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful Samantha. Love the CAS design and the added bling. Love how you've made that clean frame around too. Have a lovely evening. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As much as I love seeing all the Christmas cards lately, THIS is a breath of fresh air and I love the CAS design. You've done an amazing job with classy here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply PERFECT Samantha! Thanks so much for joining our "SCRAPS" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely simple card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is stunning-so simple and striking-my kind of card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samantha this card is a true reflection of what CAS card style should be. I love the texture of the embossing but the leaf and sentiment really are the stars of the show. The sentiment is so crisp but yet fun. Thanks for blessing us with this creation at Clearly iStamp challenge #64.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this