Wednesday, 3 October 2012

As Christmas comes ever closer...

We all start humming the Christmas songs when we start to hear them in shops but

Why is it that when we were thinking of ideas for this T for ? challenge 1 struggled to remember the order and all the words (items) in this Christmas song The Twelve days of Christmas?

Not sure why but anyway to remedy that our challenge at ABC Christmas challenge this time is Hosted my our Lovely Lacey and the theme is T for Twelve days of Christmas

So how the challenge works is:
We understanding there aren't tons of stamps that are specific to the famous song, But we are asking that you use the song as your inspiration and try to match one of the "days" of the song as best as you can. If it's not obvious on your card or project, please explain your inspiration in your post so we can see how your creation is linked to the specific item or line!

For those who may not be familiar with the song, here is the final chorus...

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

Our awesome sponsors this challenge are:



OK so here is my card and below the card is my inspiration if you did not guess it yet,

My Inspiration for this card is from the line Eleven pipers piping,
now I know there are not 11 pipers on my card but remember I am taking inspiration not the exact numbers. The blue background was white card and I have created the background using a memory box die, I can not show you how I did that yet because I will be doing a workshop at Penrith Crafts on how to do this in one of our workshops (October and November) so as soon as I have run the workshops I will share with you how I did it! The Poinsettia is a Marianne Design die which I have had for a couple of years and I cut it out from vellum the vellum must be at least 6 years old and was a pack of 12 sheets natural colours and I rarely use them but while I was looking for the Music papers which were last years I found the vellum too! I distressed the flowers added stickles to the edge and the centre is a popper from my sewing box! goodness knows how long that was in there! haha! The Piper is a wooden ornament and I have coloured her with distress inks and then crackle paint in white and clear rock candy crackle, the music background is echo park distressed a little as is the card candy sentiment, I added ribbon, some white gel pen faux stitching and then lastly lots of crystal stickles.

The Challenges I am entering are:
Oldie but a goodie - Inspired by a song - See above for song and odd stash :)
Holly Jolly Christmas - Glitter and Bling
Created With Love - Christmas
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Have a great day
and don't forget to come and join us at 
and see what my creative friends have made too!
and maybe leave us a comment or 2....

hugs me x

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love the image and beautiful papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha. Gorgeous card, love your design, and the torn paper adds such wonderful depth to you beautiful creation.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love.
    Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The handmade paper is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha
    Oh WOW, absolutely stunning card! Love, love, love it and everything about it!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I love the image and such beautiful colours.

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card! thanks for sharing with us and playing along at Created With Love Challenges
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) the image is lovely and the background is stunning !! :-)I will look forward to seeing how you made that design :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    thanks for joining us on the PTW xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for our theme. Love the musical paper for the piper! Fab idea
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Love the glitter. Thanks for sharing with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    LisaO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your background for the card is really beautiful, I can't wait to see how you made it, beautiful colours. Perfect with the music sheets.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stunning samantha.really gorgeous design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card Samantha. I love the background and the music paper is perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly for our Glitter and Bling Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great work and such detail Samantha. Love your card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, Samantha. Love the background paper and the piper.
    Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty and it is so detailed great job. Thanks for playing along with us at created with love challenges.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is beautiful Samantha. Love the design with the lovely created background and that angel playing. Love the touch with the distressed music papers and flower as well. You absolutely nailed this one. Have a lovely day. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful Christmas card Samantha! Love your mix of papers, that golden angel and fab flower. As for Christmas coming ever closer the thought of how unprepared I am makes me panic lol. Guess I need to get myself organized. ;) Thanks for the amazing inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah!! So pretty!! I wanna clap my hands I like it so much, but that makes leaving this message difficult. Therefore, virtual clap to you and high five too. This is insanely beautiful with the torn music sheet and that wonderful cherub. Nicely done depicting the 12 days of Christmas song :)
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooooooooooeer Mrs love that paper gorgeous and delicate and a perfect compliment to the distressed music score and the texture on the piper just beautiful
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty card!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love the piper! Thank you for joining us this week at Holly Jolly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us and helping us celebrate our 5th Birthday! Please be sure you've commented on all the designers blogs for the biggest chance of winning one of the amazing prizes! Hope to see you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this