Saturday, 8 September 2012

Today is the day! Congratulations will be in Order...

Today My Step Son is getting married YAY!!
His wife to be is Fabulous, she is everything he could ever want it a partner/wife,

I am so happy for them both they make a wonderful couple!
and I am hoping the weather will be kind too!

It was my Step Sons Birthday yesterday too here is the card I made for him

I saw this Idea somewhere totally ages ago before I had Pinterest and now I can not find where it was I saw it so If you see this card here Please give me a shout so I can give YOU the proper credit for my inspiration, I have a note book that i use to draw the idea's in and did not think to write down the where I saw it too! Anyhow!

the Circles are cut with my Nesties and the letters and numbers stamped in Snow cap ink with my craftwork cards number/letter stamp set, the sewing is faux and the tie is some black ribbon. 

Here is the wedding card and box
I have used kraft card stock because that is what we made the invitations from, and the New print and semi vintage feel is the sort of thing Katie (the Bride) loves. the text on the side of the card you will see better as I can used that inside the box. I have coloured with Distress inks and also stardust pens and added glossy accents and liquid pearls too, and some stickles to the dress and image edge, I have also been saving the paper raffia lace for a special occasion and this is it!

Here's a close up

I really enjoyed making this card and the box was fun and easy too! I have a Groovy Duo so no difficult measuring either!

I did not add a sentiment inside because we wanted plenty of room to write.

This is inside the box the sentiment and a wooden ornament distressed too.

and a C&S back too!

Here are a few Challenges I am playing:
The Birthday card
Just Add Ink – polka dots 
Do You Stack Up? - Birthdays 
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes 
My Mum's Craft shop - Anything goes 
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Sewing - Faux this time.

The Wedding card
Simon Says Stamp - Must use stamp, no digis
CLP Challenge - Sketch
Avadares - Make It Sparkle
Card Makin' Mamas - Hearts 
Crafts and Me - Add a flower
Crafty Cardmakers - Things with wings

hugs me x

19 comments:

  1. Wow , two fab projects. Love both of them. You have been busy. Have a fab weekend at the wedding. Hope the sun shines honey.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha
    Gorgeous cards! Both of them. Love the box too. Happy Birthday to your Step Son and long and healthy life full of happiness to a married couple too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two really gorgeous cards Samantha. Congrats to your Step Son on his birthday and also for today for the marriage to Katie. Hope you all have a super day.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything you have made!

    have a wonderful time at the wedding! I wish them a lifetime of happiness and love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards. The birthday card is such a fab design and the wedding card is stunning with a gorgeous image and wonderful detailing.

    I wish the happy couple every happiness.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Great wedding set. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. So really beautiful,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous wedding card and box. I like the tie on the birthday card, too.
    Thanks for playing at Avadares Challenge Blog.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great birthday card, B&W and the tie give it a lovely formal feel. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards both of them! I love the creativity of the first. The tie dangling from the panel is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Do You Stack Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! I just love the tie idea! I'm sure your stepson enjoyed! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The birthday card is very clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week; cute use of polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Samantha hope the day was wonderful, both of your creations are simply fabulous
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous birthday card. Love the tie - so cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a wonderful cards Samantha, my fave is the wedding one.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.>
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool card - love the Black and White theme an different size dots. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great wedding card. Thanks for joining us at Avadares for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this looks awsome Samantha. Love the design with the heart doily, flowers and net. Really got that vintage feel to it too. Have a great evening. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowww! This is simply BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors and of course I love LOTV too!!! hehe!! :) Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this