Thursday, 20 September 2012

Frosting is yummi

Hey all!
Hope your having a good week mine is mega busy but its my own fault
Yesterday I decided that I would start swimming and also do more walking so today I walked to our allotment which is on the other side of town and then I went to the local pool and managed 18 Full lengths but my knee was clicking and twinging so I had to stop! BUT I set myself the target of 10 lengths as I have not been in a while and I was pleased as I did 18 in the end... Trouble is swimming sure does make to tired! lolI managed to get up to date with all my ironing and also got some housework done too! and then I set to and made Soup for lunch today, I made Bacon and Lentil
Think I will make Mushroom for tomorrow.

Anyway I finished my Ipad cover and I am so pleased how it turned out
I crochet it using some yarn that felts but I am not going to wash it on a hot wash so it does I am going to leave it and as I use it the friction will do the job for me and keep in nice and tight all the time,
If I did a hot wash felt it would be more like an Iphone cover! lol

I started this card a couple of days ago I had a couple of challenges in mind when I set about starting this card and I am pleased with how this one has turned out.
I have used created my own Mega sized faux candy and also added some stick on pearls on the spotty papers but not sure how well you can see the pearls
I also piped liquid pearls on the ginger breadman so it looked like proper yummi frosting,then added stickles to the edges of the image and tag, On the tag the ribbon is blasted with a heat gun to shrivel the ribbon a little which is organza. 
and the scraps for the back

Challenges are:
House Mouse challenge - Friendship
Color throw down - Colour palette see their blog
Whimsy Inspires Anything Goes
Stampin for the weekend - Christmas Early

Have a great day

Do you have Pinterest yet?

Follow Me on Pinterest
 hugs me x

15 comments:

  1. So cute, Samantha! I love the patchwork and the buttons! Hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Sounds like you have had a busy day, I feel tired just reading about it!!

    Your Ipad cover looks fabulous, such lovely colours.
    I love your Christmas card. The image is delightful and I love all the detailing especially the piped liquid pearls on the gingerbread man.

    Thank you, also, for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ipad cover (I need the ipad first !) and your card is so sweet. I love the scraps on the back too. Is that a button in the middle?
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Girls! Annette... Its a faux card candy I make them Large tehheheee :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi clever girl, wow, decorating the back side again!!
    Sweet M&M creation and beautiful colourls... love your frosting.
    Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge, hope to se you again,
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Samantha, oh such a fabulous image lovely colouring, great use of the liquid pearls for his face and buttons and a great idea to shrink your ribbon, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a Renaissance woman - artist, chef, athlete...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww this is just sooo cute :-) love the image and the whole design is gorgeous :-)
    Love the ipad cover too ,,when I get an ipad I will be commisioning you ,,, lol :-)

    thanks for joining us on the HM&F Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet image you chose. Love how you colored it up too. The background papers are gorgeous and the way you alternated them is lovely. Thanks for joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and sharing your card with us. Nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable card Samantha, I love your design and papers. Your image is so cute and brilliantly coloured.........your hand made candy is fabulous!!!

    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! Love the embellishments you created for the card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining House Mouse & Friends. This is so cute. Fabulous design. Good luck
    Mousey Hugs
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Thanks for joining us for The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love the green design on this one Samantha. Those House Mouses look so adorable when you colour them up. Great design with the ribbon and pearls too. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this