Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Do you want Toast or a Bagel?

Good Morning everyone new followers and friends

Thank you to all of my regular followers I really do appreciate all your comments and visits, also thank you to those of you that read and pop into the shop and tell me you have been reading! I know you don't all comment but its great to know you have read my blog posts, also welcome to new followers too! great you could join me.

So.... I hope you are all dry and warm with the amount of rain and wind we have had in the last 48 hours goodness me! I think my joke about building an arc is not such a joke more like a good idea? I think we should built a cRAFT Notice how Raft is in the word Craft tehhheeheee

Anyway enough of my babbling its Tuesday and I have a new Top Tip Tuesday Challenge for you the Theme is - Good with Food

Our Host is Elaine and she has a fabulously yummi tutorial for you.
and we have brilliant Sponsors too





and the Tipper prize from

So then what have I made?

Well as you know I like home cooking and baking so I took the opportunity to use the blackcurrants we picked and made several jars of jam a few weeks ago, well they were sat ready for the winter months but they looks really boring you can see in the picture below how I have decorated one of the jars but also how boring the undecorated jars look.
Here are a few pictures, to decorate the jar I cut the shapes with spellbinders dies





Now I just have to do the rest! 
haha 
Here are some Challenges I am playing along with:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes 
Come and Get It Challenges - Anything But a Card 
Joanna Sheen Challenge - So Sweet – Jam is Sweet! Yum tehehe 
Pile It On - Fabric or Felt – The Flower is fabric 
Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent - Anything goes – Recycled Jars 

Have a great day and hope you can stay dry and warm 
and don't forget to come and join us at 

hugs me x

16 comments:

  1. this looks gorgeous samantha.i love how you have decorated the jars and yum to the jam too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on decorating your jar. I love that ruffle at the top. Thanks for playing at Come and Get It this week.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! Such a great way to dress up jars and perfect for gift giving as well! Love the scrabble letters, and the fancy lid tops it perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous way to add some spunk to the jars especially when they are for gifts!

    Glad you found us at Come And Get Challenges....good luck!

    Shell♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great decorated jars I love the scrabble tiles too! Thanks for joining Challenges 4 Everybody!
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute jam jar. Just bright for gift giving. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun jam jar Samantha. Love the purples and how you've decorated it with ribbons too. I think I have some of that ribbon you've used around the bottle. Might come inhandy that one. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best looking jar of jam I've ever seen! What a wonderful idea and so lovely to use as a gift! I think you'll inspire lots of people to produce gorgeous looking jars!
    Thanks for joining us at ABAC and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the scrabble tiles and the ruffled ribbon around the lid. These are a beauty, I hope you're giving them to people who will appreciate you talent with cooking and art. Thanks for entering Recycle, Re-Purpose, and Re-Invent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome project...love the Scrabble tiles!!! Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great creation! perfect for the challenge! Thank you so much for sharing with us at "Challenges4Everybody".
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea, looks fantastic! Thanks for joining in the Joanna Sheen Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant idea thanks for joining us at C4E and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have managed to make the jar look more delectable than the jam! fabulous! Thanks for joining in the Anything But A Card texture challenge...new challenge starts tomorrow and I hope to see another of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a bagel. I want a NYC type bagel. Since I've moved to Florida it's almost impossible to get a decent bagel. They say it's because the water is different, not much hope with that problem.
    Your decorated jar is lovely and getting home made jam in it is like icing on the cake or in this case jam on the bagel (I wish!)
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On and for putting up with my complaining.
    hugs,
    chris v

    ReplyDelete
  16. Samantha, Great way to dress up your canning, love all the little extra touches. Thank you for sharing this on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this