Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Who Chose that theme?

Hey all its Tuesday and we have a new theme at Top Tip Tuesday
Well its a theme that is by No means one of my strong points
like most of the girls on the Top Tip Team this Theme has been a challenge for us too! hahahahaha so I hear you say what is the theme how bad could it be?
well here it is

One Layer card 
Yup! see told you!
Its a test and I think I have failed!

just before I show you my card
I want to tell you about who our fabulous sponsors for this challenge are

Simon Says Stamp

and 

Photobucket


So then what did I make?
Well the card I have made is based on a card I saw on Pinterest Here
but you can also see it Here on the blog its on
This was my try at the Technique and I think I will be doing some more but with more of the card covered still feels ½ finished... But I guess that is one layer... No frills
My Tip is: Tip - You don't have to use an image on a one layer card
Blend colours and have a splash about with water to create the main feature,
Tie dye is not just for materials. Mine is done with distress inks.

Here are some challenges I am playing with my card:
House of Gilli - Add a Sentiment
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Catered Crop - White (somewhere on your project)
Joanna Sheen - Try Something New
No Matter Which - Anything Goes


Have a great day
and don't forget to come and join us at 


Follow Me on Pinterest
 hugs me x

14 comments:

  1. I thought for a moment you were going to say the theme was pink!! Love what you have created hun - the effect is stunning. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really difficult theme Samantha, still there's plenty of interest to the card, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really love this effect you've created. Very organic and subtle. One layer cards can be a challenge, but this is stunning!
    Love it.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is completely beautiful - one of those times when simplicity really does win! Gorgeous colours, and that lovely watercolour softness...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous. I love the design and the sentiment is beautiful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours in your gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at NMWC and good luck. I hope to see you again in our next challenge, Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing design! Love the colors, and the sentiment is really decorative. And a great top tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you've definitely not failed, but I would agree with you that whoever decided on the theme needs to be shot!! But it wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy, right?
    love your card, and a great idea to paint your own shape.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea Samantha. Such a difficult theme but I can tell you made even this one a success;) Love the painted design with the sentiment. Just perfect. Have a lovely evening. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card hunnie..very elegant..
    Thank you for joining us this week at Make it Monday...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, love that technique it looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, fab design
    Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. Great technique. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this