Saturday, 18 August 2012

I think I have Green Fingers... and a red heart..

Good Morning everyone, what have you got planned for today? I am hoping the weather is kind I want to get in my garden all this rain is making the weeds grow too!
I have some good news though because we have had a lot of rain and I have a water butt I have been able to keep my greenhouse going nicely and now we are starting to enjoy the rewards… Here are a few pictures from my Greenhouse and garden..
a month ago… Cucumbers
Couple of weeks ago… 
Yesterday! 
 I could not resist measuring it

Yes that really is 12 inches long! and totally Organic! and wow the taste is amazing!

And the cherry plum tomatoes are growing higher by the day too…


looking forward to those
and we are now also enjoying this years crop of raspberries too!

yummi 
and the last of the green fingers pictures cooking apples

Also as its Saturday I have a Totally Gorjuss challenge for you to come play the theme is

String is the thing
For my card I decided to play with this Cute Dilly Beans Hedgehog again so love it
I have kept my card quite simple, and I have used some Echo Park papers and imitated the border on the image on the papers, the images I coloured it with distress inks and I have added red stardust pens on the hearts and also black gel pen on his nose. then added some glossy accents.
So then you know I have been learning to crochet… I used the opportunity to make yes Make the crochet heart and made it from divine twine
It’s the first one out of twine
so its a little wonky I think maybe?
We are sponsored by the lovely Heathers Hobbie Haven.
and the Challenges I would like to link up to are:

Whimsy Inspiration - Lots of Layers
Paper Shelter - Clean and Simple
Simon Says Stamp - Animal Antics

Shopping Our Stash - Try Something New or Revisit An Oldie (Crochet Heart)
Dutch Dare - Furry friend
Crafty Catz - Animals

Have a great day
and don't forget to come and join us at
mail.google.com

Follow Me on Pinterest
 hugs me x

13 comments:

  1. Samantha this is so beautifully designed. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works together perfectly. Your picks of the crop looks so yummy and fresh.
    Wishing you a relaxing weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Doing Life
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.....

    WOW...what a cucumber, well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, the image is adorable and your crochet heart is the perfect finishing touch.
    WOW! You certainly have a wonderful selection of goodies growing in your garden.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha I will be right over with an empty basket..... You have TWO green thumbs with all this wonderful produce!!

    Your hedgie card is soooo cute! Your creativity is endless. From elegant to cute you do it all!

    ME2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet Dilly Beans Hedgehog, such great design and papers.
    Your fruit etc. luck scrumptious, especially my favourite raspberries!!1

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you yummy garden goodies Samantha! Your card is gorgeous too. Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps, hugs, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY CUCUMBER batman!!! LOL Great garden!!!! AND of course I love your card...so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, but your veggies are just awesome!!!! Mine don't seem to have done very well this year. Maybe too much rain? The teddies are doing ok, and we've got a few beans, but the mange touts, baby leeks and carrots were a washout. The toms are looking poor too. We did have lots of plums and the apples are looking promising, but normally we have lots more. Your cucumber looks amazing. Bet it tastes fab too. You really do have green fingers.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww what a cute card! And your garden is amazing! Love the hedgie and your crochet adds the perfect touch! thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the heart is super cute! I wish I could crochet, but I just don't have the knack! Thanks for joining in at Shopping our Stash's technique challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Samantha you do have green fingers, fruit & veg always tastes better home ground and I'm very jealous of the size of your cucumbers mine aren't so good this year :)
    Your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and your little heart is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really beautiful clean & simple project with such lovely details. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    I have some candy on my blog if you get chance please check it out xxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this