Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Happy splattering

Good morning its Tuesday and we have a new Challenge for you at Top Tip Tuesday today.. I am the host and the theme is Focus on Ribbon.
But before I tell you all about the theme I have some News!
Firstly some always Sad news when Designers decide to leaveJanette, Tammy and Katrina have taken the opportunity to step down and focus on their own blogs and personal goals.
They have all decided to step down now rather than later,
so we will be saying goodbye :(

Please join me in saying a HUGE thank you for all their commitment and their AWESOME creations and Tips and Tutorials they have shared with us here. Girls Please stay in touch and we hope to see you joining in sometimes too!
and you are all welcome to come Guest Design any time!

So the Happy news is 
Annette, Bettina, Deneen, Elaine Lisa S and Lisa M 
are Staying! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer and Heike as you all know are Part-time and are stating too!A little more good news for Carol and I is that Lisa M has agreed to be our Assistant Co Ordinator! Congrats Lisa and thank you!


Now that our Team is a little smaller in the New future we will be looking for some new Teamies to come play so keep an eye out for that info too!

We also have 3 awesome sponsors and Katie from 
Ribbon Carousel has a brilliant tutorial for us too!

I set myself an additional task of making a Masculine card using ribbon which was a task! haha! 

The sponsors are:

Who has kindly provided images for our team to use.
and 

The Image I chose to use is Electric Guitar one of my friends sons Loves playing the Electric guitar and so I thought this image would be perfect, so I printed it off and set about working some distress inks magic,
My Top Tip is this: Making Ink splattersblend some re inker and water and splattered over the top… But… to start off with the splattered will be dull to add some depth Dry and repeat until your happy with the look and colour.
Once dry I cut down to fit the Kraft card, but before sticking into place added the ribbon by stapling to and twisting for texture and interest, I also stapled the star and the added his name onto a off cut, added some more ribbon on the opposite side and with a ¾ inch circle punch made my own large candy. and finally some glossy accents.
Here are the challenges I am playing along with:

Crafty Bloggers Network – Anything Goes
Make it Monday – Always Anything Goes
DYSUFor a friend
Tammy Scrapin Corner – Anything Goes
One stitch at a time - Use a digi

Have a fab day and don’t forget to come see what the rest of the team have been doing and to join in too!
hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

17 comments:

  1. Love you fabulous card, would work brilliantly for a teen boy and you know they're so difficult to do.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! this is fabulous, I love the way you have added the ribbon


    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha
    Brilliant card! The background with the guitar works so well. Love your ribbon arrangement.
    I think blogger is being naughty again. There are white horizontal lines covering some of your sentences.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe is one very lucky dude! This card ROCKS, for lack of a better pun, it's fantastic. I love the tutorial pictures that show how you splatter. Great idea, I've never tried that before and the ribbon arrangement is excellent!
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole design "rocks" Samantha! Love the stamp designs paired with the splattered paint and the folded ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card samantha.i love the guitar and really stunning design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Very cool! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card and the background is perfect for a masculine card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto Lisa M.'s comment, I love your splattering tip and awesome image. Terrific card for a guy and love the stapled ribbon, it rocks. ;) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10.   Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design.   Hop on over to Doing Life and stand a chance to win some lovely digi stamps. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    Awesome masculine card!! I love the grunge/ rock look. The ribbon looks brilliant this way, great use of the staples, very effective.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an awsome card for a guy Samantha. Love the design with the ribbon, star and buttons. Great use of distress too. Have a lovely evening. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant male card. Love the design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! You look like you had fun splattering :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Use A Digi challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous card and image, love the splattering :o) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab card! I love how you've used pale colours but still managed to make it masculine with the dark ribbon and the staples. Just gorgeous! :)

    Thanks for joining in the challenge at OSAAT this week.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS! My entries are: #84, #129, #157, #158 and #277.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this