Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Happy Birthday to me! and the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge...

LONG post! thehehe


Well that's nothing new hu!
I have some pictures to share but if your just here for the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge post then Here it is today I will blog about that first! 


This fortnights Theme at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge is All about Circles
Our host is the lovely Tammy Louise and you just HAVE to stop by and see the Challenge this week! TAMMY made me a CUPCAKE! yay!!
Thanks Tammy! 



And our sponsors are:


NEW Sponsor yay!


And Fred She Said
Photobucket


And Ooh La La Creations





Now we have been lucky enough to have some Images from Redonkulous Designs 



I went to have a Peek and saw this CUTE image called Girl Ribbit which was a Cute image of a girl wearing a Frog Blacnket you know the ones with the frog head and you can put the arms in! for Kids... Well I was like OH cool shame there is not a Boy one that would be a great card for my friends son! so I contacted Sheryl the owner and illustrator and asked if possible could she make the image a boy and she said SURE!! and here he is! Ribbit Frog Boy isn't he the Darn cutest!
So for my card I decided to print him a few times and once on the some designer papers something I have had in my stash for ages and used on Mondays Incy Wincy card.... so I just HAD to use some more of it! The Sentiment is one I designed on my PC, and I have added glossy accents to the boys eyes and also the frogs eyes too! 
For my TIP: To add some dimension without adding foam pads print your image a few times and just stack on onto of the other, this way you have the dimension without the height.


Here are some Challenges I am also playing:
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Going Round in Circles

Creative Stamp Friends - Paper Piecing or colouring with paper
New* ABC Challenge - 2 of something - 2 card candy
Cupcakes craftroom - Lots of layers
The Crafty Pad - Paper Piecing

Whoopsi Daisy - Use Up Your Stash – Old papers see above
The Squirrel & the Fox -Kids or Babies



SO now for my Pictures
As some of you know I did a water colours art course at the shop where I work last year and recently finished a couple of paintings! one of which you have seen... another one you will see soon, that I showed you the sneak peek of...
so today I am sharing my paint palette and a picture that I have started...


So plain just the sky, once dry several hours to dry 100% in between layers


You can not see the sky here because of the camera flash sorry its was pouring down outside :(


 I have to wait several hours for each layer to dry as it will end up with big fat splodges and well look more rubbish than it does already haha! This is where I am up to now!


So what else fills my days off
well I like to do a bit of baking too! but shush! don't tell my Son I hide Banana in the Chocolate muffins!


 tehhehee YUM!


Also I make my own bread as some of you already know but I also make Breakfast Muffins too! 


Now this first Picture below is of a Teapot cozie in a Book
that we stock at the shop where I work (Penrith Crafts)  
Here's the front cover 
 My Boss Sandra is an awesome Knitter and she is Knitting the cozie but asked me if I would make the Crochet flowers as it really hurts her hand to crochet soooooo
HERE are my Flowers for the Tea pot!
I also learn now to change colours so that they are like violets!

I'm so pleased with them I think I will be making some for Cards too!


and Lastly its my BIRTHDAY today! YAY!!
I have decided I am not getting any older and I am now travelling in numbers reverse!
so I am 41 today! haha! and next year I will be 40 again! yay!!




Have a great day
and don't forget to come and join us at 

 hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

26 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday :)

    Love your card but your breakfast muffins look awesome!! Have a great day.

    Hugs Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday chick! Hope you have a great day :). Your picture looks awesome but so do those muffins - yum! Don't eat too many ha ha!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card sweetie. Gorgeous looking muffins and your artwork is coming on a treat. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha
    Happy Birthday! Have a lovely day. Your card is super fantastically funky. I LOVE IT. Love the colours and your fantastic paper piecing too. WOW to your painting and your crochet flowers! They look stunning! Your muffins look really appetising!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Well first of all Happy Birthday - I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Your card is fabulous, I love the image and the colours are brilliant.
    Fabulous picture, yummy cakes and love the crochet flowers too!!!!!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, I hope its a good one. Love all the oozing talent you have. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Martha Stewarts got nothing on you..you are amazing!!! A card, a painting, a feast, a crocheting....holy WOW!! I seriously want the recipe for those english muffin looking things...YUM!!! Banana's in chocolate muffins...BRILLIANT!!
    I hope you had the BEST birthday EVER.
    Big hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY. Hope you have a lovely day. Save a banana chocolate muffin for me please, they look yummy.
    Annette
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to THE Home-making GODDESS that is Samantha - I sure hope you realise that not all of us are as domesticated as you - even tho we like to think we are!!!!!!
    3 more sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creative post, love the fun card, hope you had a fab Birthday.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Samantha. My gosh you are so mega talented. I am almost a teeny weeny jealous;) LOL... Love the design of your card for a boy and what great sewing and colours. I think it looks amazing. Thanks for linking your card up to Whoopsi Daisy too and good luck with the challenge;)

    Love the tutorial for your water colour painting too and those muffins... Yuuuumy... Have a lovely birthday still and a lovely evening. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear it was a good one and I like the idea of counting backwards :) Beautiful card - the image is super adorable. Your crochet flowers are awesome too and would look fantastic on cards!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you had a fab birthday! Love all your yummy makes! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I love your blog post! Those little flowers are just adorable!
    Your card is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing in the paper Piecing Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card and what a great tip. I hope you have a great birthday.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Samantha, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum - muffins! And yum - card... such a cute little guy, and fab colour combination. (Just playing with a similar set of colours myself, so I'm really happy to say I love yours!)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card, thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colourful card... yummy cupcakes!!! Thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy.... May x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday, I hope your day was the greatest. I enjoyed your postings. The muffins look very yummy and your flowers are very nice. Your tea cozy is beautiful.

    Oh, gosh, the card, it's AWESOME!! ;)

    Hugs,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH, BTW.... thanks for entering the Crafty Pad Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations here.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your little frog boy is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at The Cupcake Craftroom layers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely card,the image is so cut.

    Thanks for joining us at Kreative Stempelfreunde.

    nice greeting from Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card and such a cute image too!

    Love the painting too and those muffins look lovely!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cutie! And those eyes :)))
    Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends!
    Michi

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this