Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Top Tip Tuesday a Jubilee Celebration

Good morning! Good Morning to you!
wasn't the Queen's Diamond Jubilee fantastic!
Here is my Bunting that I made and decorated my home windows with :0)
In honour of the
Diamond Jubilee
Our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this time the theme is
Sparkles Galore!
We have an amazing tutorial from the Fabulous Lisa another of our talented Teamies!
We have some awesome Sponsors again for this challenge, and well Brilliant Prizes! not to be missed!
Simon Says Stamp
and
We have some wonderful Guests designers this challenge too
so be sure to stop by and give them some love too!
So then to my card and Tip
As some of you maybe saw in my post yesterday my lovely Husband fix one of my sets of craft draws
Thanks darling!
Down side was I could not make my card for this challenge at my desk
cause it was covered with stuff from the draws! Ekkk! is that all really mine! whoops!
Anyway! as everything was everywhere and I needed to work on my card
this is where my Tip comes in....
I grabbed my retractable craft knife, my rectangle nesties and my image that I had coloured before my desk was a bomb site!
I wanted to emboss the edge on my image but my Cuttlebug was out of reach sooo
I thought I would show you this other way you can do it....
using the top end of the knife as it is rounded and smooth I line up the image
and use the knife as and embossing tool
Great that is that bit done
Now I have my trusty glossy accents and stickles for that all important
Sparkle!
I glossed his Nose. eyes and the water, and added stickles the outside edge of the image and the water! Please click on the picture for a closer look at the sparkles! :0)
Yup I have been at it again and made extra large candy of my own too!

The Challenge I'm joining is with are:
One Stitch At A Time - Use a Digi
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer
Quirky Crafts - Something you would see in the Sky - Clouds
Allsorts -Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

16 comments:

  1. He's gorgeous Samantha. I also do that embossing thing with my nesties (only I do use an embossing tool), because I can't be bothered to use my bigshot to emboss. It is a great timesaver and I like the fact that I've created that texture by hand, somehow it is more satisfying than using embossing mats!! (yeah, I'm slightly mad!) LOL
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bunting and your card is fabulous. The image is lovely and the colours are wonderful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image and beautiful colours you have used for your card. It makes me longing for hot summerdays! I love your sparkling.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs Dorte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sparkling delight Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooo cute.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Samantha, top tips too :0)
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and image. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation at One Stitch at a Time, and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suoer cute summer CAS card, and love the way you showed how you made it!

    Thanks for joining this challenge at Fashionista!

    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering the latest challenge at the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog. He is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute image and beautiful, restful colours too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! I'm embarrassed to admit it - but my desks in my craft room (all three) look a lot like your picture! I work in about a 12 inch square space on a huge desk! LOL **blushing** To busy stamping to clean! LOL Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time's 'Use A Digi' challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (OSAAT DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Samantha,

    Oh dear my desk is like it too!!! You dont have time to tidy up when you are on a roll do you!!! Your card is gorgeous, love the image and the tip for embossing your dies is fab! Thankyou for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT, with your gorgeous creations.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous clouds! Thanks so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute Samantha. Love the layers and the distressing and clouds. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this