Friday, 29 June 2012

A spell of Sunshine and a long post!

Well what a week so far rain rain rain! Not funny! I have to say that rain does not dampen my spirit!
I am off work today so have been in my Greenhouse and done a few jobs its all looking good!
Cherry plum tomatoes

Cucumbers 

Pak Choi and Celery

I have sweet peas, garden peas and some courgettes growing happily too!
and at the allotment we have new potatoes, onions and Chives and some more strawberries, Goosberries, blackberries and raspberries 

We had planted out the Curly Kale Wednesday and with all the rain I thought it might float away but its doing ok! Yay! however the sad news from my garden is that my peonies took a terrible battering
here is what they were like, I took this picture of them on the 14th June when they were coming out


and here is what the heavy rain has reduced them too in a couple of days!
we have had to drive 2 large posts in just to save some of them :(

But there is some good news my strawberries are doing very nicely on the back steps

Yum yum! 
and my Raspberry bushes are doing great I managed to strike 4 new bushes, and our apple trees are doing well but the plum tree is very lean this year but I can not complain we had a heavy crop last year! so poor tree needs a rest!

Ok so I made you wait for the sunny spell just like our fabulous English weather!

Here is a rounds easel card for you!
I have made this card entirely from Kraft card
and used 3 distress inks - Mustard seed, Barn Door and Walnut Stain, the Shape is Scallop Nesties
and also 2 Nellie Dies, the butterflies are an EK Success punch.
Finished off with white gel pen faux stitching. 


Thought I would join a few challenges too!
so here they are:


Dutch Dare Card Challenge - Flutterby Butterfly
Paper Crafting Journey - Kraft
Whimsy Inspiration - Anything but square
Raise the bar - Summer


So have a fun rest of your day wherever you are!
and remember treat others how you would like to be treated yourself! 


Flap Jack anyone!
Fresh out of the oven


hugs me xx Follow Me on Pinterest

13 comments:

  1. Mmm all looks wonderful. I'm glad your plants are standing up to all this weather. Mine sadly to say are a bit bedraggled. A lovely card too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so jealous of your plants, mine don't seem to be doing great. Don't know why not, I've not done anything different this year. Potatoes are dong ok, but the rest are a poor show. I'll have to give them all a stern talking to. Love the flapjack too, it is making my mouth water. Looks soooo yummy
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have been busy! Those strawberries look yummy and so does the Flap Jack. Great card too.

    hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey you have got green fingers. My poor deutzia has split in half with the dreadful weather and one half has fallen in the pond. I've tied it up but don't know if it will recover. We were a bit late putting our veg in but it all seems to be coming up - fingers crossed. Ooh and I could just go a piece of that yummy flapjack with my nice cup of tea. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!"!!! Such a lot of yummy goodies from you today Samantha. I enjoyed looking at your photos.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the design and the colours.
    That flapjack looks delicious too
    Hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty butterfly card Samantha and thanks for sharing your gardening and baking pics. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Anything but Square challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That flapjack looks delish! Your card is gorgeous, love how the distress ink takes on the craft :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that super easel shaped card Samantha, how cool. Your garden looks lovely and feel free to send some of that rain over here, we need some relief from the HEAT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your butterfly card!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for entering our Kraft challenge over at The Paper Crafting Journey

    I have some Blog Candy on my blog if you are interested!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful card! So glad you joined us at Raise The Bar this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos and a great card. And yes, I want some cake :)
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your shaped card Samantha. The sunny colours and butterflies makes it look really gorgeous. Big hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this