Saturday, 9 June 2012

Good Morning Let there be Sunshine!!

Totally Gorjuss Challenge today the theme is Sunshine
and we are sponsored by Crafters Companion.


I really love the sunshine so when Net posted what the challenge would be I kinda was OMG! how what ermmm!

But I had a bright Idea that I wanted to put a sun on my card and started doodling as I do and decided to sew onto the card Rays of the sun... I did to it in yellow onto some card but it looked a bit rubbish so I set about masking the rays off and distressing them but even that looked a bit naff!

so I got a pot and drew a circle and then a ruler and started drawing lines, I then cut away the spaces, to add Texture I also distressed the rays then did a combination of straight stitch and zig zag on the rays that I had also distressed a little to add depth

The sentiment is a penny black stamp and also cut and distressed the scalloped circle too! In this picture you can also see I have used glossy accents to add some beads of clear accent.

The Challenge I'm joining is with are:



Crafty Catz - Summer Time
Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday – Stitching
Fun with Shapes & More - Summer
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
Creative Belli – Sentiment only (no image)
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Distress It
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer

Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. sounds like hard work ;) but you did a fantastic job on that card!
    Hugs,
    Mickymunchkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this. Just so beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a bit of creativity on the side.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a real eye catcher. Hope to see some of that sunshine for real too soon !!! LOL
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a brilliantly designed card with a lovely sentiment

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cheery card, so glad you played along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card hun, really cheery on a dully and rainy summer's day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Samantha
    A fabulous and brilliant card for this week's challenge ,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Summertime card Samantha i love it.Thankyou for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ this week.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sunshine card. Love the stitching. That poppy die you wantes to know about is a Memory Box die. I got mine from My Crafty Heart, great prices on these. If you go there mention my name. Hope you will enter my candy, has a MB corner die in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card!~ love the fun sun. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card, it's so eye catching and made me smile. I love the distressing and stitching it looks fabulous.

    Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous card fits with our challenge perfectly thank you for joining us over at crafty catz.hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello sunshine - what a fabulous sunshine card - love it it makes me smile!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me some comments - I really appreciate it.

    Have a great week.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super, cheery card,just gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at Craftycatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so cute! I love the sunshine, too. You did a great job with the dimension you added and the distressing is an awesome touch, too. Thanks for joining in on our Frosted Designs challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT idea for a summer card and executed so perfectly!
    Thanks for joining in at Fashionista this challenge!

    Rina Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so awsome Samantha. Love the stitching and choice in colours are perfect for the theme. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I just LOVE this! Gorgeous and so fun. Your stitching is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's such a happy card that it makes me smile. :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your winderful card and your participation on our challenge at FWSAM.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this