Tuesday, 8 May 2012

No joke - Clean and Simple?


Hi all its my turn to host the challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday
If your in the UK I hope you had a Great Bank Holiday weekend?
I don't know about you but I always find Clean and Simple cards harder than normal cards
I have drawn a sketch as a picture tutorial making things a little more simple and sticking to only the things you add to your sketch and not being tempted to add more embellishments.

Our Challenge this fortnight is
Clean and Simple

We have 3 fabulous Sponsors
Simon Says Stamp

One lucky Random winner will win 7 Digi images for their choice
and
Here is my how to sketch a Sketch for you...
Ok I drew a square, just freehand but its easier on lined paper.
and I have added an outer line, its easier to draw the second lined box on the outside of your first box.
Marked 4 points to form an inner square.
the repeat the outer square process on the inner square
Now I want to add some other elements but the square needs to say on top!
I have added some marks where I want to add another part of my sketch.
Adding the banner under the square is simply drawn like its underneath,
by missing out the lines that go though the square.
Then I have added some clouds but they could be anything you want!
and also a button and bow.
Hope you like my simple how to sketch a sketch.
I would love if you used my sketch, but to join the challenge its not compulsory to use it just if you want too!

Here is my card using Critter Balloon-Elephant from Bugaboo and my sketch.
Please do check out the rest of the Teams Creations they are awesome!

The Challenge I'm joining is with are:
Catered Crop -The Letter "B" Balloon, Birthday, Blue, Bow, Brad.
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Crafty Ann's -Stitching
Creative Belli – Animals
Little Red Wagon - Stitching
Whimsy Inspiration - Spots and Dots
Simon Says Stamp - Birthday

Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love what you have done with the balloon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha
    Such a gorgeous and sweet card! Your sketch is beautiful. I have done only one C&S and know what you mean about these type of cards being harder to make. If I get an opportunity I will come and play.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you shared your tip as I had never thought of doing a sketch before doing a card - what a fantastic idea!

    Love your card hun!

    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally LOVE this card! Your details are fantastic, and those clouds - perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    ((HUGS))
    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) such a cute image and the glossy balloon and sketch are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    trying to catch up ,,,,, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and sketch!
    Hugs,
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Samantha, love the image and your sketch is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our spots & dots challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, Samantha, a lovely image, great stitching and your sketch is super :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This elephant is really adorable Samantha. Love how you've coloured him up and such great design with the balloon and clouds too. Love it. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you joined us at Creative Belli with your cute card! The image is adorable and I love the fun details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is super adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you've done a cracking job with CAS Samantha - beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is adorable. I love the image and the sketch is great how you've used it with the clouds.

    ps - have you seen you WON at Simon Says Stamps - you've got $50. I'm so jealous, I've been wishing on that one for months. Congrats. I hope you spend it unwisely!! LOL
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such cute sketch; I love that banner in the center..Oh and that elephant is just darling!

    I came over to let you know you are a winner on SSS; but Annette beat me to it! Happy shopping girlfriend!

    Hugs;
    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is too cute! Love the image and love the balloon!!
    Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful work with us over at Catch The Bug~ Anything Goes Challenge! Have a GREAT day!
    Jessica
    Bugaboo Stamps~
    May/June GD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! This is so cute and fun! Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug!

    Becky G

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this layout. Very effective. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this month at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this