Wednesday, 30 May 2012

K for Keep it Simple

Good Morning Peeps its Wednesday and the sun is still shining yay! But today I have some Christmas cards for ya…. At ABC Christmas challenge this week we have the theme K for Keep is Simple hosted by OUR Lovely New Teamie Bettina.
Our Sponsors are Sweet Stamp Store
and we also have 2 special Guest Designers Sharon and Sue they were 2 of the Girls that applied for the Design Team spots and we loved their cards but could only choose 3 girls to join us this time so we ask them to Guest Design and they said YES!! so be sure to stop by their blogs too!
For my card I have used my Cuttlebug Snowflake die and Kept to Monochrome too for the first one, I have embossed the centre snowflake with Divine swirls CB folder and then distressed with Walnut stain.
IMG_5869 (478x640)
The Border of the mini Snowflakes (stamped also in Walnut stain) are made with a single mini snowflake stamp but to get them in a straight lined border here’s what I did…
Tip: Lightly Pencil straight lines stamp on the lines and then once dry lightly with a rubber erase the lines.
IMG_5864 (640x542) (640x542)
I got a bit carried away with I was cutting the snowflakes and they were sat on my desk shouting Use me or loose me! ha-ha! (You know what its like you cut out extra and tuck them away somewhere safe and then can never find them when you want them next time).
Soooo I have used them…. as you can see its the same design as the first card just a change of colour and its not Monochrome as the Jute is cream
IMG_5870 (496x640)
This 1 I did with out the pencil lines you can see its a little wonky! that will teach me for trying to be clever! tehhehe, and again a different colour.
IMG_5871 (468x640)
The Challenge I'm joining is with are:

Simon Say's Stamp - Anything Goes
 52 Christmas Throwdown - Embellishment Challenge - Embossing heat and/or dry 1st & 2nd Card snowflakes.
Craftymess Challenge – Christmas - non traditional colours.
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
Squigglefly - Clean and Simple - NO designer Paper
Tammy Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Die Cuts/Punches
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Celebrate the Occasion - Anything Goes

Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

26 comments:

  1. Lovely and effective cards, Samantha. CAS isn't easy, but yours are great.
    Enjoy your day.
    hus Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha
    Beautiful cards as far as I can see because I am in the garden and can hardly see what is on my laptop screen! Love the snowflakes!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Samantha :-) the snowflakes and simple design are fab ,, love em :-)
    These would be nice to make as a gift set eh ,,, :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge xx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samantha I love your simple snowflake cards! They are the perfect cards to make when you're in a rush at Christmas time, but they look so pretty! Love the rounded corners and the different colors you used. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set of CAS Christmas cards! So jealous....wish I were as organized as you to be doing Christmas now :) Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these cards! Great CAS design! And I like that you have made them in different colors - how fun to see how just small alterations, as different colors, can give such a different look even with the same design. They're all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, great step by step pics thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really lovely Samantha, great card design, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous hun, I love the snowflake die and a great design too!

    The paper I used for my markers is watercolour paper and I really like 'The Langton' extra smooth (hot pressed) by Daler Rowney, hope this helps :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are gorgeous. I love the simplicity of them and the change in colours really makes each one so different. Love 'em.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the snowflakes take center stage with the snowy white background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all beautiful, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous cards!!! LOVE the different colors--thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas cards Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous CAS cards - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow so early this morning and your taught me some much. I love this design and the card is awesome.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the different colors you used one these cards. Thanks for sharing with Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Christmas cards, I just love the fabulous distress inks against the crisp white background! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT and really like the variety of colors!!!
    Great job on CAS--can be a challenge for me:)
    Hugz and thanks for visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Christmas cards - I love their simplicity and elegance. Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that you also shared the 'wonky' card with the 'nice' card! Love the CAS design, too.

    So glad you were able to join the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps! (Check back this Sunday to see what the theme is for June!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all gorgeous...love the design!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just popping back to say thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous CAS cards! Love seeing them in different colors :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at the citie pies. Hugs. Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful design. It looks wonderful no matter which colour your use.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this