Monday, 23 April 2012

Yummy for your tummy but…..

WARNING!!!!
Some of this post has calorie content!! tehhehee
I have been baking and those of you that are my Facebook friends have seen some of my baking, I wanted to show everyone….. tehehehe I am very proud of myself because I have mastered a split tin loaf…Here’s the one in the book
IMG_1155
and Here is mine! but please bare in mind that the tin I am using is not a proper Bread loaf tin! I am going to get one though although I quite like the shape of mine one anyway! its the taste the counts and my Son (aged 15) LOVE it! haha! eureka!
IMG_1157
I can honestly say I have not bought any bread from ANY shop in 2 weeks and I feel really proud!
Here is another loaf I made this last week
Sunflower and linseed.
IMG_5548
This one was from Last week
and this one is Fresh Sun dried tomato and Olive.IMG_1039
Last week we had Breakfast muffins
here’s the picture in the book
IMG_1125
and here are mine in progress….
IMG_1122
Ready to toast
IMG_1127

The Main reason for the amount of bread baking happening is because I am not buying any bread from the shops I am making all our bread items.. and my Son and Hubby take pack lunches and also like bread/dough items for breakfast. things like Breakfast muffins, croissants and bagels.
CALORIE ALEART!
30 minute Recipe for cookies.. that’s 30 min’s from start to finish… Might take you a little longer the first time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Recipe makes about 14 depending on the size you make.

150g Soft unsalted butter – room temp so soft
125g Soft light brown sugar
100g Caster sugar
2 tea spoons Vanilla Extract – (Not essence)
1 Whole egg and 1 yolk.
300g Plain flour
½ Tea Spoon Bicarbonate of Soda
1 packet of chocolate Chips (326g)
  1. Pre heat oven 170ºC
  2. Beat Sugars and butter together till creamy.
  3. Beat in vanilla and eggs.
  4. Fold in flour and bicarbonate of soda.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
    I use my Kenwood chef machine but you could do this by hand although it would take longer than the time I have said.
    IMG_1128
  6. Then Turn out onto a pastry sheet and roll into a sausage, and cut into piecesIMG_1129
  7. At this point you can freeze some, all you need to do is put them in a bag and pop them in the freezer.
    IMG_1132
  8. Place onto a baking sheet I use greaseproof paper then they don’t stick to the tray.
    IMG_1130
  9. Now this bit is magic
    bake for 15 to 17 minutes and they spread out and become MEGA yummy.
So now the hard part leaving them to cool long enough so you don’t burn your mouth! tehhehehee.
IMG_1133
Double Chocolate cookies use 270g flour and 30g of the best cocoa powder you can find.
you can just roll them into balls, this was the first time I made them. but now I do them as per step 6.
IMG_1086
IMG_1090IMG_1092
  • In step 7 I said you can freeze them ~ to cook them when you take them out of the freezer just follow from step 8 but DO NOT defrost… you cook then straight from frozen..
For Oat, Sultanas and Cranberry cookies use and add 15 to 20g rolled oats and a handful of each dried Cranberries and Sultanas.
Enjoy!
Follow Me on Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Wow you are making me feel hungry and there's me trying to cut down ;)
    Every thing looks so yummy.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, i wish i could bake lol
    Your bread looks sooo scrummy, thank you for doing the yummy cookie tutorial, When i make them i will show you : ) Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing in my cupboard can compare to what I have seen here!! Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh so yummy looking. I'm hungry now. LOL
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, yummi, do you have to share?? I'm hungry now!!
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy post Samantha. You're making me hungry now... so have to start to bake something tomorrow myself. Not even a single bun left in the freezer:( You are so multitalented;) Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this