Wednesday, 4 April 2012

HEY! WHO pinched Spring?

COME ON own up!

SNOW here YUKKK!!! Not fair! I want Spring back!

Yes I love making Christmas cards and yes some have snow on them but COME on! give me the warm sunny springs days back!!

We have a new Challenge this fortnight at ABC Christmas challenge.
our host is the fabulous Lacey

and the Theme is


and we have 2 awesome sponsors for you this time
Photobucket
and

For my card I have to admit I had a bit of a struggle I had a HUGE rummage and could not find any gold card or charms or anything other than my gold sakura pen! I had another rummage remembering I had some mirror card... nope could not find that either but............ Happy FACE I found some gold metal

hmmmmm How the heck am I gonna make that stick I thought to myself....?

well as I have a spare needle I use for sewing on card, its a denim one I thought I would give the metal a try its only thin craft metal so nothing to lose..
So I embossed the metal first and cut the things I wanted to sew and set to at my lovely Singer sewing machine. this is an old 501 that my Mum re vamped for me! and I have had it a long time when my son was about 2 my parents found me a cabinet for it, sanded it and it fit like a dream!
Anyway here is a closer look at my card

I have had fun sewing and did some ribbon ruffles too!

The image is a Whiff of Joy and his Name is Henry isn't he the cutest!! I LOVE Henry he is my favourite!
I have coloured in Distress re inkers and his had trimmings I added Flock.


The Challenge I'm joining is with are:

The Cutie Pie Challenge - Favourite Cute Stamp
Anything Goes Challenge - Anything goes
Crafty Ann's - Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Use a Sentiment
Paper Take Weekly - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - Dots and Stripes
There She Goes - Metal Embelishments - Hope my metal counts :0)
52 Christmas cards - Anything Goes



Don't forget to check on the rest of my teamies creation at ABC Christmas Challenge
Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

30 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    Another gorgeous and very adorable card! So glad you found something gold to play with and what a play that was. Love the way you stitched the metal to the card I would probably use a silicone glue which does a fantastic job and could not live without.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry is adorable and the embossed metal is gorgeous. What a beautiful card.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card with and what a wonderful stamp! thank you for sharing your favourite stamp with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Samantha - and the snow on your card is exactly where it belongs! Mountain tops and Christmas cards are the two places for snow in my book! Wonderful card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Samantha !! I didn't realise that was actual metal ! I thought it was mirri card !! WOW !! :-) Henry is lovely too , very cute and a great card !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x
    thanks for joining us on the PTW too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A shimmery delight! I so enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is lovely!! Thank you for sharing at Papertake Weekly and good luck with the challenge. Judy GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Utterly delightful card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 66 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Samantha and looove the shiny metal, stunning xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your gorgeous card .
    Thank you for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that embossed metal looks fabulous! Genius idea to sew it on too! lol
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, amazing card Samantha! Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this fortnight, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so beautiful, Samantha! I love the metal, all this gold, gorgeous! Adorable image, of course, and... I want a sewing machine!!! Thanks for all your lovely comments and support everywhere:-) BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw this is so gorgeous! I love the colour combo for this challenge and such a cute little mouse too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab. I love the gold, white, green colour combo and Henry is adorable (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous creation--LOVE that metal and all the embellishing you've done with it! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so fun!! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's There She Goes Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, hun. It looks like someone has picked Spring here in Italy as well: it's pouring rain today lol!
    Your card is stunning, you made a fab job with metal, I love it! Hugs, Miria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what cute, beautiful Christmas card Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous shiny Christmas card - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card Samantha, love the gold metal. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Henry is just so adorable and I love that image. Got that myself;) Loving the design with the stitching and the big snowflake. Lovely colouring too. Have a great night;) Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. The enbossing and stitching of the metal looks so great, and you know from before that Henry is a favourit of mine. I love your card.
    Wishing you a Happpy Easter.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute I love your image:)Thank you for joining us this week for Craft Your Passion Challenges Dot & Stripes Challenge.

    Melissa, DT
    expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous creation! Such and adorable image! Thanks for playing at There She Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at this weeks TSG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh whata sweet image and that embossed metal looks fabulous
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week for our spots and stripes challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing and Playing at Cutie Pies Woo & H xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this