Monday, 30 April 2012

The Good life and a DT card


Incy Wincy Designs
Happy Monday everyone!
We have a new challenge at Incy Wincy today and the theme is Girlie ~ Mothers Day
and we have a fabulous sponsor FLOPPY LATTE
Here's my card

I have had fun with this one I have had some play time with Distress inks, Stamps
dragonfly Stampendous & Hero arts, Kraft card, Echo park papers, May Art Ribbon, Gems, Craftwork cards sentiment and a white Gel Pen!
The Challenge I'm joining is with are:
Addicted to Stamps - Mother`s Day (card for a woman)
Amusing Challenges - Anything Goes
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Use your “green thumbs” - colour green in my card
The Hybrid Chick Card Caravan - Nature
Sugar Creek Hollow Vintage, Shabby Chic or Primitive - Mother's Day



Now for the Good life

Some of you maybe remember a program on the TV called the Good life
with the Characters Tom and Barbara?
Here's a link
Well a lot of our close by friends say we are like them cause we have our own Hens, ducks and geese and I cook lots and we recycle Everything we can and re use and re vamp stuff!
one man's rubbish is another man's treasure so they say....



Well with this in mind this is what we were up to this weekend!
I/we have been hunting for a Greenhouse for ages I did not want to just go and buy a new one for 2 reasons really 1 the cost being Very high for something in glass and metal, and 2, sometimes people are wanting to get shot of ones they have had advertise them in the local paper... However I have missed a few that had been in the paper as I had been buying the paper on Saturday mornings and then phoning only to find they had already been bought! doh! anyway this Friday on my way home from work I picked up a paper from the new agents as they have them early. and Hooray! there was one in there so I rang and the lady said she had had a few enquire but no takers... so she told me about it and said its very dirty and has some broken glass but with some love it could be good!
so I asked if we could have a look and she said sure... went round and it was already dismantled..
sooo we took the plunge and said yes..
Only thing was because it was beat up and a bit broken we have renovated it
heres a few pictures.
This is the size it was my hubby is the one inside the GH

This made us laugh as it had this sticker on it

Because there was quite a bit of broken glass and a few bits of metal twisted we decided to scale it down and the lads got the angel grinder to it and cut it in half...

As we don't need a big one its just for seedlings and tomato's and cucumbers in the summer,
so we now have a working GH with no broken bits and its just big enough too!...

Hubby bless him even got me a window opener that works on heat when it gets to hot inside the gadget opens the window! and he also got a little heater for when its still cold at night, cause the seeds need to stay a certain heat!

Thank you darling and thank you Terry for helping put it together too!
Just a few things left to do and I can get some seeds on the go :0)
hugs me xx
Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

19 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a pretty image and I love the colour combo that you have used on it. So pretty.

    You have been a busy girl this weekend or at least kept the men busy haven't you?
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha
    Beautiful card. Loving the papers and the image too.

    I am glad that you got your greenhouse after all your hunt. I wish everything grows well in it.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth did we function before without distress inks??? Breathtaking dragonfly card Samantha. I love that technique so much!
    Your pictures of the man in the box are fantastic too. LOL...
    That's cute that you said they are for seeds, but we all know the truth. Hee hee ;)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card I love my distress inks and getting messy, great greenhouse too cant wait to see what you grow, hugs Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love my distress inks and getting messy, great greenhouse too cant wait to see what you grow, hugs Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha the soft transition of colors wonderfully melt into each other in this fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the new greenhouse owner!!
    lovely card today.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased that you got your greenhouse, and great that you managed to recycle that too. We get called Tom & Barbara too, because of the chooks, recycling and veg growing, but it's fun too. We've got 5 huge water barrels too, which manages to keep us going all summer most years even when it doesn't rain for ages (not a problem at the moment though!) Look forward to seeing your seedlings next. Mine were planted the week before Easter and have started to emerge. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty green design Samantha. Love the faux stitching and the little rhinestones as well. Great image that fits the colours perfectly. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaand have to say I love that greenhouse too.. Me want one too... ;) Have a lovely evening Samantha. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous Samantha! what a stunning dragonfly!
    lovely GH too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation with a great design.
    PS: Lovely little green house.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post Samantha!
    I love your card and your pictures!

    Greetings from Chicago~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, the colours are fab. Great job on the greenhouse too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Samantha you made me chuckle about the good life !, glad you got your greenhouse up the boys did well.
    Your card is stunning fabulous stamping, gorgeous colours Great work .
    Well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. The layout and colors go perfect with your image! I'm drooling over your greenhouse, by the way, enjoy it! Thank you so much for joining me this week for my Amusing Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! I love that distress ink look!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at ATSC.

    Hugs Nadell

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this