Sunday, 22 April 2012

Bye bye Birdie


Happy Sunday my creative crafty friends

Well there was the weekend gone! I dunno about you but the weeks race past the the weekends are gone in a flash too! NOT fair! I wanna invent a STOP watch that Stops time so we can enjoy the ride instead of clinging on for dear life some days… Hmmmm OK I’ll get off my soap box now!
Yesterday was a busy day and I managed to fit quite a bit in I had some fun Baking and tried another new recipe too!
I made a loaf of bread with linseeds and Pumpkin seeds and my Son and Hubby said it was fantastic, and I tried my hand and Bagels now they are lovely but collapsed a bit while cooking so they are not as plump as they should be but not bad for a first go!
Here is a better look at the bread before I get to the card



Starting to prove



Ready for the oven now



So what do you think?


Now being its Sunday we have a new Challenge at
Pile it on and the challenge theme is~
Sparkle and Shine. Our Sponsor is
Some Odd Girl

I have not got any of these images YET!! big yet! thhehe
sooo I have used my own stamp which is a New Stampendous stamp. I have done a water colour techneque using disress inks and I have also used a resist techneque on 2 of the background layers too! I have inked the wood flower and triple heat embossed it to make it shiny and the swirls are in clear too! also shiny then I have sewn all the layers together, cut the image out with a circle nestie and added some sparkly Stickles to the edge.

Heres a closer look at the sparkle – Stickles and the Shine – Clear embossing on the flower.



and from another angle so you can see the banner and shine from the swirly stamped and embossed backgrounds.



Here are the Challenges I am piling on:

Pile It On – Sparkle and Shine
Papertake weekly - Real or Faux - Real
Alphabet Challenge – JFF - Feathered Friends
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Something New - The Stamp
Fussy and Fancy - Punches / Dies
Guylou's Inimitability - Colour Inspiration (brown/cream/light blue)
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
Stamp Man - Shabby Chic / Distressed
Stampin' For The Weekend - Sparkle and Shine
Crop Stop - Handmade paper lace
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
Forever Friends - must include an animal -Embossing
S J Papercrafts - Favourites - Distressing and resist.
Cupcake Craftroom – Bugs n Birds – wings n Things
Sundays with Crissy – Use for favourite Colour Combo

Through the Craftroom Door- Show me your Favourite Technique - Distressing and resist.
My Mum's Craft shop - Favourite Song/Movie. - Bye bye Birdie - Movie and stage show musical.





Don’t forget to check on the rest of my fabulous Teamies creations



Also if you wanna chance at being on the ABC Christmas challenge Design team

Make sure you check out the challenge we are having a DT call this fortnight :0)
Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

36 comments:

  1. Smashing card Samantha and that bread looks yummy. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is lovely, but the bread looks yummy, I'll bet that your house smelt yummy too. I don't know where you find all the time for all these creations.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. The colours are perfect and I have to say that the bread looks yummy.

    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have inked the little bird. Great card design. And .... that bread looks real yummy ... its not the easiest of things to bake ...
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've been busy Samantha. Love the design of your card with those flourishes and punched edge. Amazing and that bread looks so yummy;) Have a lovely day. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I think of the bread? I think it looks like I just walked into a bread and pastry store in some quaint little vacation town and had to try the world renounded bread recipe! Oh and it also looks like I live too stinkin' far away!
    That is beautiful, golden and superbly baked bread. :D I'm not the least bit jealous of your family. Nope,not at all, uh uh! ;)

    As for your card, I love the way you've displayed it outside, the colors come through so vividly. The layering is superb, the shine is wonderful and the layout is so eye appealing, AND I love the banner sentiment you made. GORGEOUS!!

    I'm gonna go check out ABC now....
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful card and that scrumptious bread! I love all your stamping techniques; they look absolutely gorgeous. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and love the image, gorgeous colours too.

    The bread looks yummy!

    Luv Zippy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers, this is stunning. Love the beautiful colours and that image is just gorgeous, I think that I may need to get that stamp in my next order.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card sweetie and the bread looks yummy.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the embossing and the colours on the card and that bread looks scrummy....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of your bread Samantha, are you talented or what. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love that embossing... and that bread looks yummy... Thanks for sharing with us at Fussy & Fancy x May x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Samantha :_) I just love the image and the colours and embossing are fab,, very arty :-) LOVE it :-)

    ooh yum ,, I am feeling a bit peckish ,, that would go down just lovely now ,,, :-)

    thanks for joining us on the PTW :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby card lovely lady - check out you - all that baking! Wow.

    Toodles

    hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card - love the stamping and water colour effect! The blues and browns are just gorgeous and the baking looks mighty yummy too! Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely card - love the stamping and water colour effect! The blues and browns are just gorgeous and the baking looks mighty yummy too! Thanks so much for joining in at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is gorgeous. I love how you stamped the bird. Simpy beautiful. That bread looks so yummy!! Thanks for joining us this month at the Cupcake Craftroom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card. I do love the blue & brown & the bird!!

    Thanks for joining us at TTCRD

    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and your bread looks so yummy!!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fantastic card hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card, I love everything about it, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx The bread looks gorgeous if only I could smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card and colors! Thanks for joining our CropStop Lace Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just gorgeous,love the image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sundays with Crissy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!! Such a beautiful card!! Those breads made me hungry!!! Thanks for joining us at Guylou's!
    Cheers!
    Guylou

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful card Samantha thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely bird! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That bread looks delicious!!! Lovely card! Great stamp! Thanks for playing with us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the watercolour technique you've used on that beautiful bird and the backgrounds look great. It's a really gorgeous card. That bread looks good too!!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Stampman this time.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty card! Cool technique. Thank you for joining us at Guylou's this week!

    hugs

    Kim
    GI DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yum, that loaf looks so good! and love your card, so pretty! Thx for joining us at the Cupcake Craftroom!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card, I love the image and the colours you have used.

    Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Feathered Friends' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card! I really like how you did the bird in the blue and brown. Thanks for playing along at Guylou's!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in with the S J Crafts monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  35. your card is amazing and the bread looks so yummy! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm so hungry now! I love bread and warm bread is just the best thing. I love your birdie card! Hope you had fun joining in with the S J Crafts challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this