Tuesday, 13 March 2012

No Peeking MUM...... My Top Tip Tuesday creation...


Our Challenge this week is hosted by our Lovely Deneen and she has an awesome Tutorial for you over at the Challenge, The Theme for our challenge is Mothers day or Craft Buddy.
We have 3 awesome sponsors
The brilliant Simon Says Stamp
Photobucket
The Lovely Crimson cloud
And the Fabulous Karen's Doodles
By the way I can not believe that we had 2 unclaimed prizes
last for the last challenge such a shame :(
We are always really lucky as we get to choose at image from Karen's Doodles and this one I have chosen today is so cute and just pulled my heart strings and reminded me of my dear Pete when he was a little chap! can just Imagen him taking his lovely mummy a carrot!
cough! anyway! hmmm!!
I have coloured my image as always with my faithful distress inks and a paintbrush,
I wanted to make my lovely mummy a special card for mothers day as she has been a little poorly lately so if your looking mummy SHUT YOUR EYES! tehehehee
this is a box book card and is fun to make...
I used my Scor Pal to make it.
I have used my Martha Stewart punch to decorate the book and also distressed the whole thing a little too!
Its a little time consuming but I think its worth it I love how it has turned out... Its not as big as a normal size card it measures 12x10x2 cm's
I have used Divine swirls embossing folder but left that part white so it looks crisp against the rest of the colours, added glossy accents to the carrot and their eyes and noses, The sentiments are printed from my PC and then stamped over with a whimsey ticket stamp and cut out with the matching die, the mini flowers are a woodware punch and the large flower is random flowers from my stash which are held together with a spacer and brad.
the papers are Echo park and the ribbon from my stash.
Here is the inside, I added some mints for the photo but I am going to put something else inside! (tehehehee not telling so you will have to wait and see if your looking mummy)
Here is a photo of the inside empty so you can see the papers inside, I chose orange to reflect the carrot lol
The Ribbon is attached between the layers so not right the way though so I am not using all my lovely ribbon I think they call that being frugal LOVE that word...
I really hope you can join us at Top Tip Tuesday this time remember you have 2 weeks to enter and can enter 3 different projects and also 3 tips!
that's 6 chances to win! COOL hu!
Here are some more challenge I'm joining in with for my Book Box card:
Karen's Doodles - Something special
Simon Says Stamp - Mother's Day/Special Female
Scrapbook Sisters - 4 Mother's Day
Crop Stop - Use at least 4 different colours – Yellow, Orange, Green and Blue… Not forgetting the white base card stock.
Craft Your Days Away - Mother's Day
Crafty Ribbons - Celebrate your Mom
Wags 'n Whiskers - Spring Break (travel or Spring)
Fairy Fun Fridays - Distress It
Crafty Catz - Mother's Day or Special Lady
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Fancy Fold
Crafty Ann's - Anything But A Card
The Shabby Tea Room - Photo Inspiration Spring is Near (see Blog) - Orange, Blue and Yellow & dry embossing,
Paper Take Weekly - For The Girls Or Mum



and Guess what Its Shabby Tea Rooms Birthday Bash this week so Check that out too!
Happy Birthday to them!! yay!


Have a great day hugs me x
Follow Me on Pinterest

32 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is gorgeous hun, and so beautifully made! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way gorgeous Samantha. Can tell you put a lot of love into this gorgeous bookcard. Loving your colouring, clouds, embossing and use of elements. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to give you lots of WOW,WOW,WOW too Samantha. I absolutely adore it. I always admire these box books and your one is no exception. It is super sweet and so elegant. Not a good idea seeing sweets before I even have something proper to eat (LOL)
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super cute is this? Perfect in time for Easter! Awesome card! LOVE IT! I love seeing Karen's Doodles out there, you have done a great job. Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is just stunning love the image and colours and thanks for joining Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really stunning sweetie. All your hardwork was worth it. Thank you for joining us at Karen's Doodles this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me again sweetie. Don't worry I still love this. Lol!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really awesome!!! Love your project!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles this time and good luck!!!
    So nice to see you've used a Karen's Doodles Digi...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! That's one of the cutest bunnies I've ever seen!!! Thanks for joining us at SSDS - you are quite the inspiration!
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the super cute image. Love the style of the card and such pretty colours and fabby flower.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have your pen ready? My address is 501....
    This box/card is the heat, Samantha! I would hug it if I didn't think it would damage it. Wonderful project.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx
    Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at Karen's Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, this is just gorgeous !
    Love everything with it; layout, image, your coloring and the embellisment.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away.

    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samantha this is Stunning I love it. a beautiful creation Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous card. Can really tell you have put a lot of love into this. If you are reading this Samantha's mummy you are a very lucky lady. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful project Samantha,something I've yet to have a go at,Stunning!Glad you shared it with us at Scrapbook Sister's Challenge this week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Samantha this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at C4E.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a beautiful creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ and CRAFTY RIBBONS this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, she is going to love it, Samantha!!! Your book box is gorgeous and your image so beautifully coloured, it is all so so pretty! I just love it! Thank you also for all your lovely comments, they really mean a lot, thank you thank you hun:-)! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful project, I love the colours, thanks for joining our Mother's Day challenge at CYDA, good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is a card, a box and a treasure of goodies all rolled into one! Beautiful Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautifully made and that image is so sweet. I am sure your Mum will think it very special indeed.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful creation. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous book card gift! I'm sure your mother will love it. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. GIRL....you should be proud of how your LOVERLY creation for your mom turned out!! She is SOOOOO gonna love it!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at the CropStop challenge. Hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanted to add that I love all your details including your coloring, the clouds in the background, the dry embossing, punches, etc. Thanks again for joining us at CropStop.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful book card and a cute image as well. Very practical with the treats inside.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous book card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Mum will love this gorgeous creation Samantha, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  31. love love LOVE it, thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow !! this is absolutely fan bloomin tastic !! such a cute image ( and I did pop over to see the photo's of Pete mmm bless him eh xx :-)
    Your Mum will love this ,, she probably has it already !! I am sure she loves this :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this