Sunday, 25 March 2012

Just hanging around….

Hey GOOD morning peeps!
snipetPIO_men
Its Sunday and and this weeks its B teams turn to play at Pile it On and this week I had to put my thinking cap on…. But this was a challenge that was fun too! How hard do you find doing cards for Men ???
Well I for one don’t make many so they are always harder… This week at Pile It On our Challenge theme is…. For a Man / From a Man.
The sponsor this time is Dude Time Doodles
I have chosen to make a card for a man my brothers birthday is soon
so I thought I would get ahead and make his card
.PIO_Men_25th_simon
My image is Monkey Message Board a High Hopes stamp.
he is sooooo cheeky isn’t he just perfect for my brother, I have used 4 different papers stamping onto some Basic grey pale blue paper and colouring direct and also distress blending it a little too! Ribbon loops at the side and also some twine over the torn section, I also have distressed the edges with a TH distressing tool, glossy accents to his nose and the leaves.
I stamped the tiny individual letters to his note board as you can see to spell brother but getting them straight is always a pain so I went with purposely wonky… bet that cheeky monkey would not get them straight anyway! Lastly added some silver brads and some faux stitching and the twine.



The challenges I am joining are:
Pile It On - For or From a man
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything goes
Crafty Ribbons – Birthday
Create Me Pink - Tear it up / distressing
Pixie Dust Studio - Use a few of your favourite things
Shopping Our Stash Buttons / Bows
Divas by Design – Distressing
Sisterhood of Crafters – Lets-celebrate
Just keep on creating – 1st Challenge – Anything goes
Cards For Men - Cheeky Chappies
Paper Playtime - For the Guys
Crafting When We Can - One For The Boys
Stamptacular Sunday - Cute As A Button
Craft your days away - For Men/Boys + Button
Totally Papercrafts - Humour
Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Anything goes
Sweet Stamping - Anything Goes


Don't forget to visit the challenge and
also take a peek and the rest of my awesome teams creations



 
Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest 

26 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    Gorgeous and adorable card. Made me smile. Love the way where you took the picture as well, it gives it a lovely jungle look.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie this is fab. Love this cheeky chappie and I am sure your brother will love him too.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...how cute is that cheeky monkey? Fab card hunny - hope you're having a great day! :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cheeky little fella is just way too cute =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' Birthday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, well cheeky, super cute image hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your layers on this card. Perfectly done. And thanks for reminding me about that stamp set!! I have it to and you defintely put it to good use. Thanks for playing our birthday challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the distressing and the image and the way you took the photo, marvelous, thanks for joining our Boys/men + buttons challenge at CYDA, good luck, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, fun image and I love the distressed feel.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Samantha. Love the sweet monkey and that button theme with the string looks awsome too. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yeah, guy cards are tough, but this is great! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Samantha! Love that cute monkey, fab colours and details too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fab card and I love that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute image on your fun card! Thank you for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Samantha what a fun little guy, Love your card and your ribbon! Take care!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Samantha,
    I just love this card, everything about is just great, I love the very cute main image and I am sure your brother will love it as well

    I always struggle with men's cards, my guy friends always get upset that I don't make them cards, I really have to start trying, maybe I should make that my aim for 2012.

    Thanks so much for joining in with my first "Anything goes" challenge at Just keep on creating. I hope you will be back to share your lovely creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. Love this cute little monkey. Lovely layers and gorgeous background you choose for show us this card ))
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali
    (I have same candy if you interesting. Click on sidebar)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a fabulous, fun card, love the monkey.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic !
    Love your colors and your coloring.
    Thanks for joining Craft Your Day's Away.

    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! love the denim feel paper and the twine.
    Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute image and great card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have an awesome thinking cap Samantha! Loved how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card. I love the ribbon loops and the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun little monkey! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Back again sweetie this time with my DT hat on. I still think it is adorable. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Day's Away and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww, what a sweet little monkey. Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Ribbons challenge! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this