Wednesday, 28 March 2012

And a Partridge in a pear tree!

Hey gang! how is your Christmas card pile coming along?
NOT started yet! WOW what are you waiting for Christmas?? tehhhee WELL get a move on we are now ¼ way through the year before you know it you will be stressing and panicking that you did not get started early enough and you will be kicking yourself saying next year it will be different! WELL my mum always says “don’t put off till tomorrow what you can get done today” So come on join us at the ABC Christmas Challenge we have FABULOUS prizes too!…. from Lili of the Valley and 
Bugaboo Stamps.So then the theme? well we are ½ way through the current challenge and it is hosted by our Lovely Helen and she chose F is for Furry and Feathered.
IMG_5380 (640x573)
Last week I wanted to do this image that was kindly given by Bugaboo but I had the worst time ever with it!
everything I did went wrong I even slopped my cup of tea over the card after making 3 prior to the finished one that still ended its life in the bin! DOH!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finished a new one and I have to say I am Reallllly! pleased with it ahah! I’m almost glad I messed the others up! thehehheheee so here was the image I chose to use Partridge tree a Bugaboo image, I defiantly think I will be using it a few times for sure! 
I have paper pieced the image even the tree truck is paper pieced with kraft card. The Pears are in yellow EP papers and the tree foliage in the green EP papers, I paper pieced the Partridge also with the same as the background spellbinders doily, Something I have started doing when paper piecing is adding some shading, I have also added glossy accents to the pears and parts of the partridge.
The Challenge I'm joining is with are:
Stampavie and More – Fabulous Fun Sketch

Simon Say's Stamp - Anything Goes
52 Christmas Throwdown – Embellish with Papers
Christmas Stampin – Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays -   Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Mondays –Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - The Sound of Music – Christmas song – On the first day of Christmas…
Paper Pretties - Paper Piecing and/or Paper Piercing
Stamp and Create - Paper Piecing


Don't forget to visit the ABC Christmas Challenge and also take a peek at some more of my teams ½ way Creations
Have a great day hugs me x Follow Me on Pinterest

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the birdie in the pear tree and its a great take on the sketch.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab card. I love all the paper piecing.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samantha
    What a stunning card! I absolutely adore it! The paper piecing is fantastic. I know how you feel when crafting does not go the right way and certain thing even the whole card has to be remade which is a pain but really love your final result. It really paid off.
    Michaela xx

    P.S. Fantastic photography too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very different Christmas card. Love it.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how those ribbon tabs pick up the card colors and have the effect that they might be tail feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) I love how you paper pieced this and the whole design is fabulous !!

    Fab photo too ,,, lol ,,love the reat tree :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww so fun and cute he he love the image :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweet card with lovely combination of different papers and details. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is so fab. Love the paper piecing, it must have taken ages, but looks great.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOvely card, the paper piecing looks great. Great lay out.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous paper piecing! LOVE your shiny pears--amazing! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow...the paper piecing looks wonderful! Fab card!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this - so creative. thanks for joining in with us this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake crafts, Good Luck - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. yoo hoo Samatha - having a mega blog catch up today :-) Love your partridge in a pear tree card - fab idea for the paper piecing
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card and great music inspiration. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely image & a great card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card is stunning ... I can't imagine how frustrated you were with things going wrong but well worth persevering!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent design yet again. Love how you've used notepaper behind the image and the paper piecing looks superb. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card!
    An adorable image and beautiful colors. Great take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this