Wednesday, 7 March 2012

ABC Christmas Challenge E for….

Well good morning friends
We are at the letter E on the ABC Christmas Challenge this week and boy are the weeks flying past fast! Our fabulous Host for our Challenge is Carissa and she has chosen a lovely Theme for us.

E is for Evergreen Challenge 
Fabulous Sponsors are

Photobucket
and

I have to admit I thought long and hard about this challenge and what kind of card to make and after steam coming from my ears and a danger of damaging what brain I do have came up with a big fat zero! theheheheee well other that the fact that Evergreen just means Evergreen stays Green all year round.

So I thought I would use Holly and while blog hopping I came around a lovely blog and card that really inspired me to use some papers for my card, Sooooo Here is Heathers Blog and as you can see there she found this design too! and re created it so thank Heather for the link also to the original site where you found it also which you can see here.
I have also added Heathers card to my pinterest board so you can Follow Me on Pinterest so you can find it and the link there after this post has dropped down my blog.
Soooo then on to my card, I have used papers from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection, I have used 3 different papers one of which is a holly pattern. so that along with the colour green is my take on our challenge which as I said above is Evergreen.
I used some sticky back A4 paper to stick the main pieces of the design and added some glamour dust to the ½ Cm edge I left on show to add some sparkle, I also added a few placed gems. this was a fun card to make and I will be making some more of these for sure!
Challenges I am playing along with are:
Our Creative Corner - Song inspired (The Holly and the Ivy).
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes.
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes.
Crafty Boots - Glitter (border).
Creative Mondays - Anything Goes.


PLEASE NOTE!! I am really struggling with blogs that have word verification
pleaseeeeeeee turn it off I am having to miss leaving some of you comments and that makes me sad :(

So over to you hope to see you playing along this week with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, and don’t forget to check out the rest of my talented teams creations too!
Happy Wednesday hugs Samantha :0)

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love your quilted design, it must have taken forever to put together.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful design of your card and lovely papers.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,Samantha. It reminds me one of those patchwork quilt patterns.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pin-wheel card, it looks great.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, green is not usually my colour, but I love the quilt look on this. Fab card honey. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card. I love the quilt effect.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card hunny - love the patchwork effect!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Samantha
    The Star Block; I have made a few quilts using this design, so I know how it is constructed! Congratulations on cutting up the Paper pieces and fitting them together so well, great effect as a card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at OCC this week, we are so pleased to see your card.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I admit I wasn't thinking color for the challenge. I was thinking trees.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so beautiful Samantha.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful quilted design with fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you were stumped and you came up with a quilt card! I'm lurvin it to the max. This style is one of my favorites. LOVE your for "ever" green card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! Must have taken ages to do and its so effective! Luv Zippy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Samantha

    Please come and visit my blog to collect an award which I nominated you for
    link to my blog post

    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilted effect looks amazing.Beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this