Wednesday, 22 February 2012

He will be sadly missed!

I will miss my darling Mini Lop Rabbit Pietro
He has given up the fight and died,
He has been ill for a little while and we had been giving all the care and love we could.
He can now rest a little while before spreading his love with someone new! well that is what I would like to think that one day he will be chasing a female bunny and smelling flowers again...

I guess you could say he has had a good life as we think he was maybe about 9 years old,
We have enjoyed his Company for nearly 5 years and he was as far as we could tell about 3-4 when we were given him.... I have NEVER known a Rabbit like him he was fun to have around and was more like a little dog than a rabbit personality wise... I/we will miss him so much :(

Here are a few pictures of his time with us
This one was taken when we were training him to stay in the garden
He LOVED smelling my flowers

Charging around the garden after us.

Having Cuddles 


Googling for Carrots

This was in the winter he loved being able to come in doors
and was in more than out in the winter months

Life in the Garden was fun he had a hutch and long run but spent most all of his time
playing around in the garden as he could come and go from his hutch and run as he pleased.

Lazy spring afternoon

Sleepy boy

Winter coat nearly gone

Make yourself at home Pete!

He often spent time in the house when it was raining and 
he was totally house trained to! he always used his litter tray and NEVER missed!

one last photo of the flower sniffing gorgeous boy!

Miss you Pete!
RIP my lovely boy!

19 comments:

  1. Yes our 4-legged little friends to tend to creep deep into our hearts. I love how he use to Google for carrots ... had a good old chuckle.
    I know that no other furry 4-legged friend will be able to take his place, but could also creep into your hearts, so perhaps you must adopt sooner than later.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how adorable was HE!!! What a sweet tribute to your lost friend and my sympathies as well :(. Those little guys sure worm their way into your heart!!
    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about he loss of your fur baby. He was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to read about your loss, Samantha. You gave him a great life and he gave you lots of unforgettable moments and now as hard it is without him he will always live in your memories.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. He was really a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a wee darling!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the most wonderful pictures. What a talented buddy to be able to shop online for carrots. Thank you so much for sharing your very special memories with us.
    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samantha, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Samantha - thats so sad. I remember when Josh and I met him - what an absolute sweetie he was....and such a well behaved bunny! In fact, when we drove up the road he was out in your front drive following you! Lovely memories - and great to see the photos. Sometimes its time for them to leave us - its tough for us, but absolutely right for them. Wish I could give you a hug right now!

    Big cyber hugs to you hun

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samantha, such lovely pictures and memories!! I'm so sorry about your friend! Sending you hugs from the US.
    ~Lacey :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha, such lovely pictures and memories!! I'm so sorry about your friend! Sending you hugs from the US.
    ~Lacey :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, Samantha :o(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awh babes, so sorry to hear your sad news. Pete was a brilliant age for a rabbit, that must have made him about 90 years old! Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing those special moments with us. Hugs hun, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our pets are one of the family. He is a gorgeous boy!!! Rest in peace.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry, I know what you mean, I have had my nosy Blackie for seven years and I still miss her, Miria xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. He was just adorable Samantha. Love the tribute you've paid him and little furry ones tend to creep deep into our hearts. Big hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, I just saw this post. He looks adorable, I love the one where he's on the computer!! And the one with his feet out behind him. Well they're all fab, and I know he had a lovely life with you. RIP Pietro.
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwwww, what a sweetheart!!!! I shed a few tears for Pete when I read your post! Its never easy losing a fur baby!!!! HUGS to you & your family!!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this