Saturday, 18 February 2012

Girly…. but I LOVE blue and lace..so its ok!

blog logo
At Totally Gorjuss this week we want to see Lace on your Projects easy hu!
We are sponsored by Heathers Hobbie Haven
The image I have used is one of Krista’s Saturated Canary image isn't she lovely… I have coloured the image in Distress inks I wanted to have blue as I love blue but with her skin and lips being pink I felt I needed to highlight that in the rose in her hair and the bird holding the heart too, I have added white, black and sparkly Gelly roll pen… some glossy accents. crackle paint to the papers and once dry a little blending to the edges to give it a more vintage feel,  I have been seeing doilies everywhere and fancied having a go so got some to have a try… quite like how that looks.
I have added some Lace that kinda has a vintage feel to it but with a little watered down old paper distress ink I have tried to age that a little so it does not look so white against everything else.
The bow is a hand tied double bow with satin and organza ribbon and I have added a rose, and a distressed leaf too. The gems are Robins nest pink (yes pink) gems. As you can see I have also distressed the edges of the papers too! and finally I added some stickle dots around the main image. 
This card is for a my friends little girl, she looks very similar to this image so I think she's gonna love it. 
TG- Lace_18_Feb
I made my self a promise that this year I would try to decorate the backs of my cards… Its just a little so to tie the back and front together more, and I add my little circle handmade by Samantha sentiment too!
TG- Lace_18_2
The Challenge I am joining are:


Card Makin' Mamas - Happy Birthday
Crafty Catz – Favourite Things – Distress inks and and and…. Everything on my card! hehehehee
Glitter Geeks – Girls & Boys (girls)
Totally Papercrafts – Ribbons and or Bows
4 Crafty Chicks - Double down (use 2 of something) 2 different ribbons.
Do You Stack Up? – Layers
Dutch Dare Card Challenge – Distressing.
Have a great day everyone  hope to see you at Totally Gorjuss, hugs me x
Oh I am away for a couple of days so please excuse me if I have neglected visiting your blog…. I will do my best to catch up when I am back xx

20 comments:

  1. See, despite the pretty blue I just knew you couldn't resist using the PINK, pmsl!! Gorgeous card hun Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet she is, I love the colours, and the fact you have decorated the back side allso.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love this SC image and your papers are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so precious Samantha. Just love how you've coloured her up and used some pink papers as well. Loving your colouring and that bow is to die for;) Great backside of the card as well. I see you've entered Dutch Dare Card Challenge, oh boy I'm so happy about that;) Have a lovely weekend and enjoy yourself hun;) Big hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very girly and pretty, the back could be a card too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty card. The image is wonderful and your colouring is fab.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, it looks very delicate and girly, really beautiful, love that you've decorated the back as well! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this wekk, Paula ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Your colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Samantha :-) the image is lovely and all the details are very pretty, I am sure the little girl will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card hun and such pretty colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for playing our double challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful and adorable! Beautiful finishing touches on the back of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up, hope to see you next week.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card! thanks for joining us at the Glitter Geeks challenge this week :-) Nelly X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card, lovely image and you've coloured her beautifully too.
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh forgot to say :Thanks so much for playing along with us at DDCC this time. ( I think I was shocked by your use og pink!!!)
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the front and back of your card! Thanks for joining Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a lovely creation, Thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ, good luck, play again soon, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is adorable. You're right, the image is very cute. I l love her eyes. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful creation and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our favouites challenge. Hope to see you back next week. xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this