Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Create for fun.... Top Tip Tuesday and some Graffiti

Its Tuesday and its a Top Tip Tuesday challenge.
Our Challenge this fortnight its Stitches Real? or Faux?
And we have Janette as our host and she has done an Awesome double Tutorial for you, and we have 2 Awesome Sponsors too!
Saturated Canary
Krista has been really Kinda and sent us images to use
I really love her images I know many people are loving them now and feel so happy that I could enjoy colouring and getting creative with this one!


Our other fabby sponsor is The Crafty Pad
Debbie is offering a lovely yummi prize too!


For my card I have had a mega mad play! When I saw Copica I just imagined her drawing on walls I would just love to have a craft room where I could graffiti the walls… with Stamping and distressing etc
I have a sewing machine and to be honest am scared of breaking it! BUT my Mum is a whizz and can fix it sooooooo I have had fun and Combined graffiti and sewing as I just could not resist. So I have coloured Copica with Distress inks and drawing some graffiti around her with a fine black gelly roll pen… now I must admit I was a bit worried doing it direct onto the image but I had a little scribble on my work pad and felt quite confident I would not make a mess of the image so like a wally I coloured her in first and then though OH NO!! should of done the graffiti first! lol…
Here’s my graffiti scribbles… just a practice…
IMG_1017 (640x418)
As I said I had coloured her in and then after a practice doodle I went ahead and did it onto the image.
IMG_1016 (640x432) (487x357)
My 1st Top Tip is this really important!
Keep a separate needed for sewing paper/card as paper will blunt your needle and then when you come to sew material you will damage it.



While I had the sewing machine out
I altered my son's school Trousers they were getting to short so I let the hems down! My mum will be proud! so it was important to change the needle.


IMG_5118 (640x480)
Now I swapped back to my needle for paper and started sewing the papers I cut to size down and realised I did not take any photo’s so here are a few while I was sewing the image and ribbons in place.
IMG_5112

Here comes my 2nd Top Tip for you today
when you have finished sewing you can pull your ends through.
here's how.you can click the pictures if you need to see them closer
IMG_5113 (536x502)
Turn the paper over and pull gently on the 2 threads
at the back you will see a loop pop up
IMG_5114 (640x548)
with a pin or needle easy the loop until the ends pull through
IMG_5115 (640x527)
you then have all 4 threads on the back
and you can trim them and tape them down
IMG_5116 (640x480)
With the Metal star I sewed that on by hand using


a poky tool first and then a needle and thread.
Here's my finished card




I have used some Echo park papers and some Kraft,
New ribbon from Penrith crafts, Twine and brad from my stash.
You really have to check out the rest of our Teams Creations they are AWESOME!


Here are some challenge I am joining in with:


Love to Create - Add Stitching (Real or Faux) – Real
Pollycraft - Teenage Dream.
Moving Along with the Times - Lots of Layers 
Papertake Weekly - Get Krafty

Don't forget to check out the rest of my teamies creations your in for a real treat,

Awesome is an understatement!

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card,Samantha and I love all the tips. Thank you for sharing.Very useful indeed.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Card, Samantha!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge this week!!

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the fab image and your cool graffti. Great papers and colours and love the stitching.
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beauty, and your card lovely. hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a stunner Samantha. Love how you've created your own grafiti too:) The stitching looks awsome and love your twine and design- wow a rhyme too;) Big hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really Amazing Card!! Love the tutorial!! The Grafiti is fantastic!! I love this image!! Thank you so much for sharing & of course for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Hope to see you again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Cute. Thanks for creating with us at Love to Create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness Samantha, this is fabulous and I love love the added graffiti with this cute image!! Fabulous tutorial!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!

    Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cute cute! I wish I had the "gumption" to pull out my sewing machine...it is such a pain to haul out of the basement, set it up, thread the needle...ugh!!!! BUT you rocked the sewing!! LOVE the image and love the graffiti too!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love Copica? Why did it take so long to get a cutie like her. :D Your design is fantastic Samantha. I love that you made her write in graffiti. That's classic!

    Had a good laugh at your technical name "pokey thing." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a fabulous doodled sentiment--and I LOVE the say you've made the image "scribble on the wall"!!! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card and I love the dp you used. Thanks for joining the Pollycraft challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this