Friday, 13 January 2012

Zig Zag gelly Roll

Good Morning!
The sun is shining but its a frosty morning what better to share than a Christmas card?

No I am not joking!
How could I not use this cute guy on a card?
 
I coloured him with distress inks when I was making my card for my ABC Christmas card DT card and well I love him so much just had to make him into a card too! I seem to be having a bit of a yellow phase… But I think it works well with the recycled Kraft card I kept from a package I had for Christmas… seemed fitting to use it to make a Christmas card don’t you think?

I saw the Christmas challenges with Sketches Sketch and just had to play along I love the layout and had die cut cut the image and the circle behind so when I saw the sketch and looked at the image on my desk it was just perfect.

Zig Zag Gelly roll
I have stamped the back layer of Kraft with a mini star stamp and they are yellow… Then added some mustard seed distress inks to the yellow die cut corners, Barry’s stars and feet and nose are highlighted with glossy accents and I have made the faux zig zag stitching with a white gelly roll pen, the 4 larger yellow stars are hand cut as I do not have a star punch (YET) tehhehe and lastly I have used some of my new brown Twine.. got to love twine.

the challenge I am playing along with are:
Christmas challenges with Sketches  - Sketch above...
Craft Us Crazy - Christmas, Anything New and/or Humorous.
Paper Play - In Stitches.
Crafts and Me – Christmas.
Papertake Weekly: Die cute special.
Dream Valley - Anything Goes.

Happy Thursday and see you soon xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    This is soooo gorgeous. I absolutely adore the way you used the Kraft paper! Very inspirational. Loving Barry again. He is such a cutie.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love the colours and layout! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card. The image is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...so cute! Love all the kraft! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Samantha. Great take on a fab sketch!
    Thank you for your lovely comments around in the mousey blogland.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab, fab, fab. Love the image and the papers - just wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderfully creative. We are thrilled you joined us this week on the Pixie Cottage Challenge and hope to continue to share inspiration with you.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! What a adorable card. Love your bear image and coloring. Beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage! I have blog candy available through this month if you are interested!
    Denise
    PCDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card :-) Such a sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this