Saturday, 14 January 2012

Totally Gorgeous - Grunge for my Son

Hi Girlie's
mail.google.com32
This Weeks Challenge at Totally Gorjuss is Be a Star!

we are Sponsored by Crafters Companion 
Crafters Companion


I have made a card and some little boxes for this challenge, Its my son's Birthday on the 16th Jan and I wanted to make a couple of little boxes for some small gifts, and I wanted to have a bit of a play and get a bit grungy on his card as he is doing design for GCSE's… I saw a card oh must be a good couple of years ago and LOVED it to bits and have Cased the card for my base design but when my PC crashed last year I lost the links to where the card was… I had the card in a LOVE this Album on my pc but did not have the link…. as I save links on my Bookmarks… 

SO thank you to the person who gave me the inspiration and if its you PLEASE email me so I can add a link and give you the proper credit too!
click the image if you wanna close up...

Ok soooo I have used a scallop border punch and have distressed it with black soot distress ink, All the black on the card is glaze pen that I have doodled and the stars on the card as from some Really OLD tags that had paper centres that I have binned the centres and kept the metal outer, I have had the tags since I started crafting about 6 years ago! ekk! the Background dots is metallic paint through a piece of dotty Ann tape, and I used my circle nesties as a stencil for the black circles, My son’s Name and age are cut from recycled card and embossing in pale blue.
The boxes are similar to these but I have made them on a metric Scor pal and had to work out how to convert the tutorial as the one Here as the tutorial was for an open box I wanted to make mine close so use the Cropodile to punch the holes so I could thread the twine through and finished with some Magic Mesh and a matching tag.
These are the challenges I am entering with todays Projects
  • Charisma Cardz - Happy Birthday (optional- "3") Its Charisma's 3rd Birthday so that is why the 3 is optional on your projects.... now I did say my son is 15 so adding a 3 would get me shot! sooooooooo I have 3 x 5 makes 15 tehehehee close?

hugs me x

9 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha,

    Original card. Very graph. I like ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samatha, I love this card, just perfect for a teenage boy! hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project,perfect for a teenager,
    Samantha. My in-between-boy is also turning 15 years in 2012!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at DDCC.
    hugs me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card for a teenager! Thanks for playing along this week at DDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab for your birthday boy Samantha, and you know I love it;) Beautifully designed with the reds, stars and those star boxes. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Son on the 16th ,Samantha. He will love his card. I certainly do! The boxes are fantastic!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your lovely comments girls and Michaela thanks I am sure he will have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great modern design!
    Happy birthday to your son!
    Thanks for entering our challenge at the Dutch Dare card challenges
    Hannelie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this