Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Top Tip Tuesday–31st Jan

Goodness me where has January gone?


We are at the beginning of a new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and the theme is none other than Valentines
Our host is our lovely Bettina and she has an awesome Mailbox Tutorial for you! wow!! Our Sponsors for this fab challenge are:




 we also have 4 Guest designers playing along with us this fortnight so check them out too!
For my card I have used a loveable Bugaboo image called Dino Heart 2 and I have coloured him with Distress inks and added some detailing with black and white gel pen. and I have added quite a few areas of glossy accents…
I have a couple of Top Tips:


Tip 1: Find the papers first then colour your image, I have said that before but this next bit I haven't . 
I have found lately that gradually adding bits (over a few days) to use for the project works really well, I generally colour a few images in one go and then peg them to the paper… Then over the course of a week or so I and as I rummaging though stash see thing that would work with the different projects I have pegged… 
like this… 
IMG_4831 (800x778)



Tip 2: Add removable tape to the top a mini mister, 
you can then add very small stamps and see exactly where your stamping, and if like me you decided that after you had made the card and were so you thought finished the green background paper looked boring!


So with this trick of the stamp being on the mister you can also get in mega close to your background so SSSSSShhhhhhush! no one will no its added last!


For the pin I coloured it with a red copic pen, Bet you can’t guess what colour it was! tehhheeee!! all I am saying is it was a yukki colour! tehehehehe 
Once the copic was dry I sanded it a little and buffed with black soot distress ink, The wood heart I coloured with a black soot distress stain and once dry heat embossed it with holographic embossing powder.






The challenges I am joining in with are:


Hooked on Crafts - Something Bright 
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
Paper SundaesValentines
Simon Says StampAnything Goes
Paper Pretties - Love
Craft us Crazy - Full of love

Happy Tuesday and don’t forget to leave us some comments at Top Tip Tuesday and check out my team mates personal blogs too! hugs me x

13 comments:

  1. Wow Samantha. I just love the expression on that dragons face. Love how you've designed it with a wooden heart and that pin. Hugs Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely :) Great organisation as always Samantha :) Havent known you long but I have worked that out lol


    Hugs Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Samantha. I love the colour scheme,all the embellishments and the distressed edges. Thanks for more useful tips.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great little card. Love the idea of gathering elements over a few days, must try this. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of our favorite sayings in this house, "I love you more" when we're on the phone.
    It's gotten so bad, me trying to prove that I do love them more, and let that be the last word, that they've just started hanging up on me after they say it! Dangit!!

    Awesome tips; you've such a crafty brain.

    Wonderful dragon card and all the elements you've stockpiled are perfect. :)


    Thank you SO much for joining us at Craft Us Crazy for our challenge.
    Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time too!
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card and I just love that dragon! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet image - thanks so much for playing with lollipop crafts- hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally cute, Samantha! I lvoe your little Dino and your embellies are gorgeous and match your image perfectly! Thanks for the tips and thank you so much for my adorable birthday card:-) It arrived a few days ago, but I only opened my cards today! Thank you for your kind words too:-)... You know how things are and how I feel:-) Have a lovely evening! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....love all the little extra details you gave this Dino! So cute! Thanks for joining in at the Paper Pretties Love Challenge this week!
    Cheryl First
    Paper Pretties DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! I love the layering and adore that heart detailing in the corder - fab!!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samantha~ That dino is darling! Love the layout you used too!

    Thank you so much for joining us in our Love and Valentine’s Challenge this week at Paper Sundaes! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisabee
    My Crafting Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankyou so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog with this gorgeous creation. I hope you can join in with our Animal Antics challenge this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute image Hun and lovely embellish ... How organised gathering your bits together :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this