Monday, 9 January 2012

Are you ready for some Vintage?

Incy Wincy Challenge this week is a fabulous one
 
The Challenge is Vintage,
I don’t know about you but Men cards are always a struggle but when I saw the fabulous image that our lovely sponsor Stamping Dragon gave the DT to play with it just shouted Masculine card to me.
So I went with my 1st thought and got out some Vintage photo Distress ink and had a play.. I coloured parts of the image so it would end up darker over all when I was finished! soooo I then Distressed the whole thing, splattering with water and drying it and then re adding some more ink, I then stamped the Lauderdale Hear arts stamp to create some backing paper, I used a cuttlebug folder called diamond plate and also distressed some paper from the times and seasons Echo park paper pad, I got carried away and also distressed the cream ruffled ribbon, Added the cute little recycled safety pin to the image and added some magic mesh, a sentiment and some faux stitching.IMG_4628 (800x739)
I do hope you come and join in with our challenge and also leave us some comments as the DT love comments too!
Don’t Forget you can add your Manly cards to this weeks Pile It On Challenge too!
The challenges I am joining are:

The Craft Garden – Monochrome
Sir StampalotMonochromatic
Cards For Men - Recycling – Metal safety pin
Pixie Dust Studio – Monochromatic
Catch the bug - January Anything Goes
Dream Valley - Anything Goes
    Happy Monday peeps
    hugs me x

    19 comments:

    1. Fab card! Love the image and the fab layout :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Samantha
      Absolutely fantastic card. I am starting to fall in love with the distress inks. I have only 2 at the moment but it looks like I may expand. I am also loving those magic mash corners.
      Michaela xx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Fab card honey. It really does fit the vintage look, something that I'm hopeless at doing. You've done a great job. Annette xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks for a great masculine idea. Great manly colors and distressed paper edges!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Ooooh missus, I do like this card!

      Hugs
      Leanne xx

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you for following me and linking to my blog candy! :) Good luck--and this card is just fabulous! LOVE the vintage feel of it! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh this is fabulous.
      luv
      debby

      ReplyDelete
    8. Your first thought was spot on Samantha, the whole card works beautifully in these tones.

      Thanks so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

      B x

      ReplyDelete
    9. Fab card, I like the image, Thanks for joining in with us at The Craft Garden this month.
      Kevin xx

      ReplyDelete
    10. love the look

      Thanks for joining us at cards for men
      jen xx

      ReplyDelete
    11. This is a fab vintage design Samantha. Love your choice of colours, papers and corners. That car looks fab too. Hugs Bettina xx

      ReplyDelete
    12. lovely texture and lots of layers!

      ReplyDelete
    13. What a wonderful monochromatic creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

      ReplyDelete
    14. This card is stunning! WOnderful vintage feel! Thanks so much for joining in our January anything goes challenge at Catch The Bug! ~~Sammibug,~~ Guest Designer For Bugaboo Stamps.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Thank you so much for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge this week at Catch The Bug. This open challenge really is a great way to see lots of different styles and techniques – always an inspiration.
      TFS
      Paul
      Crafty Blogocks
      DT Member for Catch The Bug

      ReplyDelete
    16. Great male card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

      ReplyDelete
    17. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
      Happy crafting
      Tracy x

      ReplyDelete
    18. Lovely entry for our Monochromatic challenge
      thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

      Hugs
      Francesca

      ReplyDelete
    19. Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

      ReplyDelete

    I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

    Share this