Saturday, 3 December 2011

Oh Man!

Here is the result of some playing and an experiment with some Tim Holtz fun stuff.
I have had a play with Vintage core colour card and also distress crackle paint, Gold embossing powder and some very very old swede laces from a pair of trousers I had when I was about 25...! ekk! well needless to say the trousers are long gone, but I hung on the the laces as the trousers were lace up fronts! haha!! so being me even then I thought that the laces might be on use sometime... On my rummage the other day for old T -shirts I found the laces and knew exactly what I was going to do with them! tehehee...
see those 3 lovely chocolatey gold brads... they were bright orange when I started this card....

inside 

and the back

Ok so this is a close up of 1 of the brads I altered! by heat embossing them in gold, but they look chocolatey yum!
 I did 3 for this card
  and while doing them a little of the embossing powder in liquid form dropped off the brad onto the paper I was working on and formed a lovely little faux pearl! so I made some more, by dipping a stick into the embossing powder and heating it! repeating it made all these faux pearls! you can see them on my hand in the picture above In the one below is a picture of me making them I did the rest on my glass fridge bar as they come off of that better....
tehheheee


Ok so a couple of fun challenges for me to play with my card
Here Come The Boys - For the man in your life
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Happy birthday
4 Crafty Chicks - Birthday
Creative Card Crew - Monochromatic
Have a great Saturday and if your looking for my Totally Gorjuss
post its here

10 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha
    What an amazing card for a man! Absolutely adore it! Love the idea of heat embossing the brads to change the colour. Great use of laces as well!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely monochromatic card for a man! Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew! And good luck!
    Hugs, Ani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...love the texture and fun details! Also love those faux pearls...fun technique.... Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome birthday card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic birthday card! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely vintage male card there, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO CLEVER!!! Love your little faux pearls!!! Both cards are awesome, as always!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card!! Thanks for joining us at HCTB this time and good luck in the draw! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your distressed look! A really lovely card! Thank you for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this