Saturday, 19 November 2011

Totally out of my comfort zone!

This card is not my style at all totally out of my comfort zone being only one layer.

The image I printed and then worked on the butterflies, They are from a penny black stamp called butterfly edge, but I only wanted mini single butterflies so I inks and wiped the extra off to just get single ones here’s how… 
IMG_4246 (640x583)
A little edit: I know I could have taped the rest of the stamp and then inked but as I wanted to repeat stamp the butterfly I wanted to do it quickly so I chose the method I used :0) thanks for the comments left re this part of my post :0)
IMG_4247 (467x556)
Then I wanted to add a ribbon but being only one layer I did not want to add ribbon from my stash, however I did find some ribbon that was swirls but again it was from my stash so I looked through my stamps and in the set of Mini sentiments there is a tiny swirl so I set about making an inked border so it looked kind of like ribbon.

Just by inking and repeat stamping, Don’t look to close I don't think its totally straight! thehheee BUT it is one layer still! yay! 
IMG_4245 (640x451)


I finished off the card by masking a little circle and giving the card a light distress with black soot and its got a fine mist of liquid pearls in my mini mister 
IMG_4252 (640x525)

Challenges for this card-

Less is More – silhouette 
Totally Papercrafts - black and white – The blending looks grey but its Black soot.
Allsorts – One Layer. 
One stitch at a time - black and white – I used white card and black soot distress ink. 
Crafty Ann's - sketch or monochrome _ monochrome for me. 



Off to blog hop! might see you there! 
happy Saturday xx

If your looking for my Totally Gorjuss post you can find it 
HERE

33 comments:

  1. O wow Samantha, this is one stunning card, I love what you did, really gorgeous. Thank you for sharing how you did this card, you've really inspired me. i haven't yet managed to do one single layer card but I always wish to try. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a lovely card but you know, you really didn't have to work so hard! This week isn't a one layer card challenge at all - that's only once a month! Still, good practice? Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Samantha
    Great card, it makes me think of Summer evenings.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love the image and the butterflies are a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect Samantha...really lovely card.Isn't it funny when you think you have everything in your crafty cupboard, and when you need one thing [like a butterfly] it is not there.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Samantha, think you nailed one layer! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi a stunning card i usually do this by putting tape on the part i dont want inking and removing before stamping

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Samantha, so long since I visited and lovely to see you at Allsorts.

    Thanks for joining in this week and good luck.

    Hope you are well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOAH!!! You nailed it.....
    I forget that at one time one layer is all that I ever did. It's nice sometimes to peel off the 15 other layers and get back to the basics.
    Your card made me shake my head and say, "WOW!" Great job Samantha :D
    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fabulous inspiration Samantha, I learn something new from you every time I visit!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Fabulous images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty Samantha.
    To ink just one of a series of butterflies, I would cover the unwanted ones with a piece of Selotape before inking and remove it before stamping. That way there's no danger of getting a vague shadow print where the stamp had been inked and wiped.
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely
    So striking
    i thought for a minute you thoguth it had to be one layer for us! lol

    Thanks so much Samantha
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh...this is fabulou hun!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooops...lost my 's'! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my godness this was just a perfect one layer card!!
    I never really thought of the ribbon as a layer, so thanks for telling :)
    Fantastic stamping and a really elegent card

    thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hard to believe it is out of your comfort zone. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. I believe that would have to be the most difficult challenge for me. I am a "thick" scrapper and that has carried over into my card making. Ha Ha Really good job here. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts Black and Challenge this week. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Samatha
    Fabulous card...
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have this image but not used it - you've done a fab job here - love it. And this is deffo IN your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If this is a card which is totally out of your comfort zone, your in the comfort zone cards will be absolutely the top, because I think this is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card! Beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the card and the combination of butterflies and flowers.
    Good Luck
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simply lovely - I do like the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card Samantha
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  29. gorgeous, fabulous effect x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card Samantha, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  31. oooooOOOO - Samantha this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card, love the clever stamping. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty and I love your border. x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this