Thursday, 3 November 2011

PINK! argh!

So here's the thing! most of you know I am not a fan of pink and I know there are quite a few of you that agree... You know how when someone says something and then they say but after they are going to back track on what they first said?? well!
there is a but here but its a teeny tiny one....
Rebecca rang me and said could I make her 21st Birthday invitations?
I said yeah sure no bother!
She wanted a single sided invitation clean and simple and no huge fuss!
I little bling and a shot of...... wait for it!
PINK!
well I took a deep breath and said
REBECCA!
you got to be kidding me!
nope!
came the reply
"you know I LOVE pink"
So she came over after work to my place, I was working on my card for Totally Gorjuss - I Remember 
and she saw the butterfly that I was using and said I totally LOVE that...
So I scribbled an idea....
Now please excuse the scribble as it was just on a scrap pad on my desk
but it gives you the idea of where I was going with this one... just off the top of my head you see..
She looked at me and said Ohhhhh I am sooooo excited these are gonna be great!!!
well I started laying it out on my pc and was not happy with the wording layout so tweaked it a little and here is the results
I have smudged the info as it's her phone number and where they will be when! so not that I don't trust any of you but hey she's a lovely girl and I am playing safe!

and a close up on the butterfly, you can just make out the trail I did with a quickie glue pen and glamour dust and added a few gems to the body and trail too!
SO here come my but.... from the top of the post...
I don't like pink .... BUT..... I have to say I am as pleased as Rebecca is with them,
Even though the butterfly is pink!
haha!

Ok so a few challenges today for me to play:
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes -bit of bling if you like.
Heidi's Hobbystuggu monthly - Bling and sparkle.
Bows 'n Berries - Clean and Simple.
Card Makin Mamas - cut it out.

5 comments:

  1. OMGness - you have been converted.......
    These are beautiful Samantha - So stylish and I love that PINK butterfly ;)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really lovely - it turned out great, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Auw, those are adorable! Very pretty :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at LD Challenges this fortnight
    Welcome back!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Invite it's so pretty love the Butterfly too & the layout. Thank you for joining in at B&B. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing in Bows and Berries CAS Challenge!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this