Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Getting messy with ink… I am also excited to tell you too!



I have 2 great things to share with you! 
I its my week to host at Top Tip Tuesday and I also was asked to Guest Design this week at Anything goes challenge too! 
and the funny part… They both go live today! ARGH!!! tehhehehheee What a scream!

So then
The Challenge at Anything goes challenge is “Stitching real or Faux” and the Challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday is “Get inky making your own papers or background”
SO get ya cuppa tea and make yourself comfy this is a fun post!
YAY!!
SO I said that I was the host for TTT so that means I have a fun tutorial for you on how to make your own background papers
The first one is with Impressibilities… Impressibilities are thin metal templates for embossing, debossing, or stencilling. and are made by spellbinders Here is my circles one…

I ran the card stock through my cuttlebug in this order... 
A Plate 
Thin cardboard shim.. NB not thick card!! 
B Plate 
Tan Embossing Mat 
Card stock that you want to emboss 
Impressabilities template 
B Plate

Once you have run your card stock through you can colour it with Distress inks.
I have also used it as a stencil

You carefully hold the Impressabilities in place and they distress over it 
you can then give it a little sprits with water and then dry it..

Ok so here is a little Top Tip some liquid pearls to your mini mister for a lovely shimmer
then add some distress ink from a re inker as they are concentrates

then with a clean sheet of card place your chosen Impressabilities and sprits with your mini mister and watch the yummi sparkle appear 
Then dry gently 

The results are cool and then you can play and make something fun!

These above backgrounds come with a warning!! 
very messy but oh so much fun and very addictive! 
Here is my card, with all the faux stitching for Anything goes challenge I think the white gel pen stitching just finishes the card off nicely.

and a little tip for you _ use all the left overs to decorate the back of your card too.

Hope you enjoyed my fun with ink and Impressabilities 

As those of you that know me will know I like to play with distress inks, paint and magic mesh and well anything messy! ahah!


The 2nd card is using I have made is using the brilliant image Skater Dude from one of our sponsor at Top Tip Tuesday this week Karen's Doodles
we also have


The Crafty Pad as our sponsor too at Top Tip Tuesday



I have made the background for this one from some Kraft style card I had from some packaging a little while ago… Picture here ( other side of box used here)  anyway I painted using acrylic daubers over magic mesh and then drying it and then blending distress inks over added some metallic acrylic dauber to the the embossed cuttlebug piece and then added stamped arrows and words also! I have added some faux stitching and also some water splattering. 


Whatever you choose to do have a look at our DT inspiration at Top Tip Tuesday and also PLEASE join in with the fabulous Anything Goes challenge too! 
Tell them I SENT ya xx thehheee 
Also if you visit Anything Goes Challenge you will see their Fabby shop where you can find a lot of the items I used too!


Challenges I would love to play along with are: 
1st Card

The Pink Elephant – Distressing. 
Heart Song Inspirations- Embossing and/or 3 or More Layers 
Ooh La La Creations - Stitching (faux) 
Skater Dude card
Stamps R Us – Masculine.
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes 
House of Gilli -  Recycle and Texture ??? 
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - always Anything Goes.
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Anything Goes.



Hope you liked my cards hugs Samantha 
and remember visit both challenges please!! :0)

21 comments:

  1. Both fab cards hun - thanks for the tutorial but not sure if I fancy all that mess, lol! Can't be having sparkles in my tail fur too soon before Christmas. Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative!! Great cards both of them. And you know; I love to see a decorated back side too.
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Samantha and what a fab tutorial!!!!!!

    will you be at the NEC?

    hugs sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards, and what a great technique too! I don't own any alcohol inks, I'm afraid I would just make a right old mess lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Unique! Great Tutorial, too~ Thanks for playing along at Come and Get It this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects Samantha and great tutorial too! I will be given that a try. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes this month as one of our Guest Designers. Looking forward to seeing all your projects.
    Hugs
    Tamara
    PS If you are interested I have some blog candy on my blog up for grabs. Posh Cat Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, both cards are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Samantha, both wonderful cards. The tips on using the folders are great. Love the image on the second card. Perfect for those tricky male teenagers! Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin'. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - aren't you full of great ideas?!?! lol
    Love all the different results with the same stencil...gorgeous cards too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I can clean my desk off and try it on the weekend. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Samantha, thanks for the awesome distressing tutorial! Both your cards are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous tutorial Samantha with great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous card Samantha! Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work an a fab tutorial! Thanks for sharing! Great to have you on the team this month at Anything Goes!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab! Thx for sharing your tute! Love your work!

    Thank you for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice guy card, and I love the texture you used! Thanks so much for joining us for the House of Gilli Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow great cards and wonderful tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic way to make funky backgrounds! Love the skater card - perfect teenager creation! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Thanks for the tutorial!! both cards are amazing!!! ;)thanks for joining us at SSCB! Blessings!!

    Holley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, fantastic design and also a great tut. Thanks for playing along with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards ! Tks for joining us at House of GILLI this week.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments thank you! hugs Samantha :0)

Share this